Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know of an app that is only a simple list ? and does not offer suggestions ? all I need is something I can type, milk,spuds,gin, garlic, etc.
I have tried a couple of these before and they were wildly overcomplicated, tried to organise the disorganised and offered hundreds of products I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole,if I could even buy them in the UK.
All I need is basically a household notepad, that I won’t leave at home, in the car,whatever. why is this so hard ? Notes is ok but all I want is one simple list.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I would ditto the Reminders suggestion.

It will offer you to remind when a certain situation occurs, but you don’t have to accept that suggestion. In that latter case, it will act like a simple list.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree that either the Reminders or Notes App would work well for you. I've used both for similar tasks and have been satisfied.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft’s To Do. Free and ad free. Also able to share with others. Wife and I specifically use it for grocery list.

It will also push updates, so if I’m making groceries, my wife can add onions to the list and I’ll come home with onions.

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I would like to thank you all for your help !
I went back to notes and looked at it again, the new ( to me) Quick Notes
seems to do what I wanted very well, although I’d rather have it as a stand alone app.
I suppose it’s too simple.