iOS 16 Developer Beta 3 (Revised)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing the Music app crashing a lot?

I have not. In fact, the only issue I am having with this build is the inability to make a phone call via CarPlay when pressing the button on the steering wheel. If I select the phone option from within CarPlay, it’s not a problem.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I haven’t had that issue either.

I have not. In fact, the only issue I am having with this build is the inability to make a phone call via CarPlay when pressing the button on the steering wheel. If I select the phone option from within CarPlay, it’s not a problem.

Hmmm…I never use that feature but I’ll try it when I get in my car tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Yes - I've reported a few to Apple. Music crashes when I'm listening in the car with Music app on screen, then switch to a different app and then come back to Music. Hasn't happened every single time, but is probably around 90-95% chance of crashing in that situation. Note, I'm not connecting via CarPlay (car doesn't not support it).

Last edited:

Bionicspyder

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes - I've reported a few to Apple. Music crashes when I'm listening in the car with Music app on screen, then switch to a different app and then come back to Music. Hasn't happened every single time, but is probably around 90-95% chance of crashing in that situation. Note, I'm not connecting via CarPlay (car doesn't not support it).

Okay, so I was reading through a sub reddit group r/iosbeta and several users have reported the same issues, but the common factor is that they were all experiencing the crashes while connected to a bluetooth output device of some kind. When I tested it using just the iPhone, I could not reproduce the crashes. After attaching to a bluetooth speaker the crashes resumed.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I was reading through a sub reddit group r/iosbeta and several users have reported the same issues, but the common factor is that they were all experiencing the crashes while connected to a bluetooth output device of some kind. When I tested it using just the iPhone, I could not reproduce the crashes. After attaching to a bluetooth speaker the crashes resumed.

This makes sense for my situation as well. When I have my phone plugged in to the car, I'm also connected to the phone via Bluetooth for phone calls. Music runs through the cable, but I am connected for calls via BT. I'm thinking this might be at the root of my issue as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is exactly what I’m experiencing. Thanks for confirming it’s not just me. I appreciate it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how often the weather LS HS updates? 15/30mins?

What do you mean by LS/HS?

---
On a different note, when I ask Siri for my schedule, it structures it in a very weird way (e.g.: full-day events are mentioned as being from 00:00 to 23:59) and it goes into too much detail (the timespan, location for each event).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR