iOS 16 Developer Beta 2

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Talking about reset all settings or complete reset?
iPhone 12 Tmobile it’s destroyed my battery life, charging 2 times a day vs 0 times on iOS 15. Gets extremely hot on 5G/5Guc. Also Bluetooth better but still volume problems with streaming music in vehicle, or hearing a caller.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 12 Tmobile it’s destroyed my battery life, charging 2 times a day vs 0 times on iOS 15. Gets extremely hot on 5G/5Guc. Also Bluetooth better but still volume problems with streaming music in vehicle, or hearing a caller.

Complete reset

Arkidelik

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site

About to do this now. Since installing Beta 2 I've experienced terrible battery life.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Is this new in beta 2?
96944d0e01a4fd93ea3d703c5c0a9617.jpg

Display As?

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
On iPhone 12 T-Mobile the Modem Firmware has helped a lot with dropped data between LTE, 5G, and 5Guc. Better 5G coverage. Think keep the beta just for the coverage increase.
93070f050a0f7260e3d679e064982259.jpg

6b7b193e9809888ac0242377aa5f5cf0.jpg

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Am I missing something with the wallpapers? Like I want the weather on the lock screen but the new iOS 16 on my Home Screen. I can’t get that to work. It’s one or the other, only edit can do on home is my pictures.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something with the wallpapers? Like I want the weather on the lock screen but the new iOS 16 on my Home Screen. I can’t get that to work. It’s one or the other, only edit can do on home is my pictures.

Apple has indeed messed up the simplicity of adding a wallpaper in iOS 16. Having said that, you can accomplish your mission by downloading and saving a copy of that particular wallpaper to the Photos app. Then go to the Wallpaper settings to select “customize” underneath the depiction of your Home Screen. Afterwards, select “customize current Wallpaper” to select the appropriate image from the photos app.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m super late to the party…it’s been a crazy couple months. I finally got around to downloading iOS 16, a few minutes ago. I’m hoping I can change this odd font on the locksreen

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m super late to the party…it’s been a crazy couple months. I finally got around to downloading iOS 16, a few minutes ago. I’m hoping I can change this odd font on the locksreen

Hi Nikki,

Good day to you. You have 6 fonts to select from in the Lock Screen. Press and hold onto the lock screen until you see “customize” at the bottom of the screen.

Press the displayed time and then select one of the 6 available fonts. The choices aren’t great, by any means, but they are a start…(laughing)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi Nikki,

Good day to you. You have 6 fonts to select from in the Lock Screen. Press and hold onto the lock screen until you see “customize” at the bottom of the screen.

Press the displayed time and then select one of the 6 available fonts. The choices aren’t great, by any means, but they are a start…(laughing)

Oooh…thanks!!!!! Those fat numbers were blocking Bob Marley’s eyes

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
By holding my phone in my hand when not using, I keep accidentally changing my Lock Screen. I wish there was a way so we could lock it or prevent it from changing on the Lock Screen. For example we can only change it in Setting app.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the car Bluetooth bug. Using music and navigation. Don’t use dictation to text. Made radio lock into like making a call. Reboot fixed.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just experienced an issue when trying to use Apple Pay inside the Panera Bread app. It acts as if it’s going to work, but the payment continues to say incomplete. I submitted feedback. Is anyone else experiencing Apple Pay issues?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just experienced an issue when trying to use Apple Pay inside the Panera Bread app. It acts as if it’s going to work, but the payment continues to say incomplete. I submitted feedback. Is anyone else experiencing Apple Pay issues?

No. I use Pay almost every day. In fact, I used it at both a nearby Target Store and Publix within the past hour without any issues.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I had it happen to me on my Apple Watch on watchOS 8.5 at several Pharmaprix and Shopper’s Drug Mart locations… As far as I noticed, it seems to be tied to offline payment terminals.

Every time it would fail, the terminal would switch to “insert payment card” and provide PIN mode.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No. I use Pay almost every day. In fact, I used it at both a nearby Target Store and Publix within the past hour without any issues.

I had it happen to me on my Apple Watch on watchOS 8.5 at several Pharmaprix and Shopper’s Drug Mart locations… As far as I noticed, it seems to be tied to offline payment terminals.

Every time it would fail, the terminal would switch to “insert payment card” and provide PIN mode.

Thanks for the update, yall! I’m thinking it might be something on Panera’s side because I used it in the Target app & it worked just fine.