I wasn’t expecting it, but I’m sure glad it’s available.
    ndinculescu likes this.
    05-03-2022 02:11 PM

Public Beta as well. Don’t know how I will get it onto my phone
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-03-2022 05:27 PM
    Downloading now will check it out tomorrow.
    05-03-2022 09:50 PM
    I remember when betas threads use to be hopping. My feedback is I haven’t noticed any issues with this build after 3 days
    05-06-2022 12:12 AM
    I remember when betas threads use to be hopping. My feedback is I haven’t noticed any issues with this build after 3 days
    Yeah… it has become more calm over time. Probably some of it is caused by the betas themselves being mostly rock solid.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-06-2022 06:31 AM
    Yeah… it has become more calm over time. Probably some of it is caused by the betas themselves being mostly rock solid.
    That's a good thing, isn't it?
    05-06-2022 08:43 AM
    That's a good thing, isn't it?
    <comedic-effect>
    We need more bugs, more defects, more unexpected behaviours. That’s what keeps life exciting, not knowing when your device will fail to meet expectations. That’s how you know you’re alive.
    </comedic-effect>

It’s the best case scenario in a beta.
    turbochgd likes this.
    05-06-2022 06:00 PM
    Yep… I do too.
    05-06-2022 08:58 PM
    <comedic-effect>
    We need more bugs, more defects, more unexpected behaviours. That’s what keeps life exciting, not knowing when your device will fail to meet expectations. That’s how you know you’re alive.
    </comedic-effect>

It’s the best case scenario in a beta.
    Having a beta full of problems will definitely cause a slight uptick in responses, but I prefer to get solidly built betas and I look forward to installing iOS 16 next month.
    turbochgd likes this.
    05-06-2022 09:01 PM
    Having a beta full of problems will definitely cause a slight uptick in responses, but I prefer to get solidly built betas and I look forward to installing iOS 16 next month.
    Trust me, I prefer issue-free betas
    I guess my <comedic-effect> missed the mark
    Just_Me_D and turbochgd like this.
    05-06-2022 09:19 PM
    Trust me, I prefer issue-free betas
    I guess my <comedic-effect> missed the mark
    Nah. It’s me reading posts in the forums while being tired and somewhat sleepy…
    Annie_M and Ed7789 like this.
    05-06-2022 09:21 PM
    I disagree. The days of forums are pretty much dead. It has nothing to do with solids betas. See how slow imore is now? It’s not just imore. It’s pretty much all forums traffic is way down.
    pr1nce likes this.
    05-08-2022 03:20 PM
    Yep… I do too.
    It’s not just beta threads. Seems pretty much forums everywhere the traffic is way down. Seems as social media got bigger and bigger, it has killed forums.
    Just_Me_D and pr1nce like this.
    05-08-2022 03:22 PM
    It’s not just beta threads. Seems pretty much forums everywhere the traffic is way down. Seems as social media got bigger and bigger, it has killed forums.
    I’m in agreement with you. Forum participation is indeed at an all-time low.
    05-08-2022 03:27 PM
    I’m in agreement with you. Forum participation is indeed at an all-time low.
    I’m with you guys. iMore traffic is at an all time low. I’ve seen hours without much or any activity.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-08-2022 08:40 PM
    It’s not my own experience. There are forums that I visit daily that are insanely active (e.g.: 20+ pages of replies on a single thread within 24 hours).

But it is true that when it comes to technology forums, they have been on the downside. Personally, I think it has to do more with the slowdown on the tech evolution more than using forums themselves.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-09-2022 08:21 PM
    So, after a week, I seem to have this weird hang events, where an app will randomly freeze. It happens on pretty much any app, including the venerable Clock.app.
    05-10-2022 07:54 AM
    I wonder if the decreased traffic has something to do with the fact that the pandemic is winding down, and people are out and about much more than they used to be. It might not be the entire reason, but I think it is one of the explanations!
    05-10-2022 08:02 AM
    I wonder if the decreased traffic has something to do with the fact that the pandemic is winding down, and people are out and about much more than they used to be. It might not be the entire reason, but I think it is one of the explanations!
    Like BBS boards, forums have been around for quite some time and I suspect the younger tech heads aren’t into them as much as we are/were, but I’m only speculating.
    05-10-2022 03:44 PM
    Like BBS boards, forums have been around for quite some time and I suspect the younger tech heads aren’t into them as much as we are/were, but I’m only speculating.
    Absolutely agree. It’s all about the social media.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-10-2022 08:05 PM