03-31-2022 12:13 PM
    I hope this returns my 13 Pro Max's battery life to normal.
    Last edited by DEman19901; 03-31-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    03-31-2022 12:40 PM
    Thanks for posting this!!! Downloading now!
    pr1nce likes this.
    03-31-2022 01:05 PM
    I’m not seeing this update on my iPhone.
    03-31-2022 01:22 PM
    Installed on my iPhone 12. FWIW, the Geekbench single core and multi core scores are better than previous iOS.
    03-31-2022 01:24 PM
    iOS 15.4.1 now available with a fix for the battery drain bug
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...171824281.html
    03-31-2022 01:28 PM
    I’m not seeing this update on my iPhone.
    You have to delete the beta profile to see it.
    Annie_M, Just_Me_D and pr1nce like this.
    03-31-2022 01:56 PM
    You have to delete the beta profile to see it.
    Understood and Thank you!
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-31-2022 02:16 PM
    Update went smooth, thanks for the heads up.
    pr1nce likes this.
    03-31-2022 05:45 PM
    For those that don’t use it, turn off your Bluetooth again !!
    04-03-2022 07:05 AM
    Why, if you don’t mind me asking?
    04-03-2022 09:31 AM
    Why, I’m interested in this too.
    04-03-2022 01:15 PM
    I’m guessing for both security concerns and possible drain on the battery.

For those of us with an Apple Watch and/or media consumption through connected devices this really isn’t feasible. Even if I didn’t have a watch the only time I’d be turning it off is while I sleep plus the walk to my car.
    04-03-2022 01:47 PM
    Ok then, I don’t use blootooth (!! heh!) bluetooth for anything, I have never liked the idea of being findable, and anything that is on and working, thereby using the occasional milliamp to no purpose is better turned off. If for any reason I need it, it’s easy( too easy) to turn back on. I would like to be able to lock it off but see no means to.
    04-04-2022 09:41 AM
    Ok then, I don’t use blootooth (!! heh!) bluetooth for anything, I have never liked the idea of being findable, and anything that is on and working, thereby using the occasional milliamp to no purpose is better turned off. If for any reason I need it, it’s easy( too easy) to turn back on. I would like to be able to lock it off but see no means to.
    I have just updated iPadOS and turned Bluetooth back off afterwards!!
    04-04-2022 09:46 AM
    Ok then, I don’t use blootooth (!! heh!) bluetooth for anything, I have never liked the idea of being findable, and anything that is on and working, thereby using the occasional milliamp to no purpose is better turned off. If for any reason I need it, it’s easy( too easy) to turn back on. I would like to be able to lockit off but see no means to.
    Perhaps it’ll ease your mind to know nobody can find you from afar using Bluetooth? They’d have to be close enough to have a conversation already to pick up the signal. As far as power usage, again it’s Bluetooth so while a connected device will draw power, just sitting idle it won’t impact the battery in any meaningful way.
    04-04-2022 11:53 AM
    Perhaps it’ll ease your mind to know nobody can find you from afar using Bluetooth? They’d have to be close enough to have a conversation already to pick up the signal. As far as power usage, again it’s Bluetooth so while a connected device will draw power, just sitting idle it won’t impact the battery in any meaningful way.
    Everything that he said about turning off Bluetooth makes absolutely no sense.
    04-04-2022 01:50 PM
    Everything that he said about turning off Bluetooth makes absolutely no sense.
    Oh I know. Swap out Bluetooth for GPS and then we’re getting somewhere.
    anon(41073) likes this.
    04-04-2022 02:11 PM
    How is a cell phone tracked?
    One method of location tracking involves the use of wireless signals to triangulate your position between cell towers. Another method uses the GPS radio on your phone to pinpoint your location. A third method uses the Wi-Fi hot spot to which you're connected to approximate your current position."

Is Bluetooth or Wi-Fi more secure?
    Bluetooth and WiFi connections are typically equally secure when it comes to connection strength and reliability, but Bluetooth is often more secure from hackers. There are far fewer ways for people to hack into a Bluetooth device, especially since they have to be quite close to access the connection.

Bluetooth is generally used to link one device to another. Once the connection between two devices is made, it's pretty secure. Unlike WiFi, Bluetooth's range is much shorter. Bluetooth's limited range means that anything bad that can happen to you via Bluetooth can only happen when someone close to you does it
    04-04-2022 03:25 PM
    I would refer you to Rob Braxman’s Youtube Channel he is much more able to explain than I.
    Come back when you have.
    04-06-2022 06:24 AM
    I would refer you to Rob Braxman’s Youtube Channel he is much more able to explain than I.
    Come back when you have.
    How about you link what you’re referencing because I’m not scrolling for videos I’ve never heard of. Meanwhile you can check this out: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-12271 for information about Bluetooth power usage. As far as anyone finding you by your phone, they’re not using Bluetooth to do it. See @DEman19901’s reply here: https://forums.imore.com/showthread....=1#post3282127
    anon(41073) likes this.
    04-06-2022 12:22 PM
    Come back when you have.
    Oh, I’ve seen his videos. I recognized him when I looked up his name on YouTube.
    04-06-2022 09:45 PM
    How about you link what you’re referencing because I’m not scrolling for videos I’ve never heard of. Meanwhile you can check this out: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-12271 for information about Bluetooth power usage. As far as anyone finding you by your phone, they’re not using Bluetooth to do it. See @DEman19901’s reply here: https://forums.imore.com/showthread....=1#post3282127
    Why would I ? if you can’t be bothered neither am I.
    04-08-2022 04:43 PM
    Why would I ? if you can’t be bothered neither am I.
    Because I’ve done the homework and have an answer. Yours is contrary to the reality so if you’d like anyone to understand where you came by your decision and/or knowledge, show your sources. Just like 99.99% of the world knows the world is round, if you want to say it’s flat you’re going to need to show us why the science is somehow incorrect. Not just a hand wave to “do the research”. That’s a cop-out. Bluetooth in this update isn’t any different than it was before the update so the previous rules of the technology still apply, no need to shut it off. If anyone wants to, they can, but they don’t need to for location concerns. That’s not what Bluetooth does.
    04-09-2022 12:05 PM
    Because I’ve done the homework and have an answer. Yours is contrary to the reality so if you’d like anyone to understand where you came by your decision and/or knowledge, show your sources. Just like 99.99% of the world knows the world is round, if you want to say it’s flat you’re going to need to show us why the science is somehow incorrect. Not just a hand wave to “do the research”. That’s a cop-out. Bluetooth in this update isn’t any different than it was before the update so the previous rules of the technology still apply, no need to shut it off. If anyone wants to, they can, but they don’t need to for location concerns. That’s not what Bluetooth does.
    Let me go turn off Bluetooth and put on a tinfoil hat.
    04-09-2022 12:10 PM
29 12