iOS 15.4.1 is available

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
7709a279899526ad58c4f7bb230d88b9.png

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Installed on my iPhone 12. FWIW, the Geekbench single core and multi core scores are better than previous iOS.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
For those that don’t use it, turn off your Bluetooth again !!

Why, if you don’t mind me asking?

Why, I’m interested in this too.

I’m guessing for both security concerns and possible drain on the battery.

For those of us with an Apple Watch and/or media consumption through connected devices this really isn’t feasible. Even if I didn’t have a watch the only time I’d be turning it off is while I sleep plus the walk to my car.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Why, I’m interested in this too.

Ok then, I don’t use blootooth (!! heh!) bluetooth for anything, I have never liked the idea of being findable, and anything that is on and working, thereby using the occasional milliamp to no purpose is better turned off. If for any reason I need it, it’s easy( too easy) to turn back on. I would like to be able to lock it off but see no means to.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok then, I don’t use blootooth (!! heh!) bluetooth for anything, I have never liked the idea of being findable, and anything that is on and working, thereby using the occasional milliamp to no purpose is better turned off. If for any reason I need it, it’s easy( too easy) to turn back on. I would like to be able to lock it off but see no means to.
I have just updated iPadOS and turned Bluetooth back off afterwards!!

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Ok then, I don’t use blootooth (!! heh!) bluetooth for anything, I have never liked the idea of being findable, and anything that is on and working, thereby using the occasional milliamp to no purpose is better turned off. If for any reason I need it, it’s easy( too easy) to turn back on. I would like to be able to lockit off but see no means to.

Perhaps it’ll ease your mind to know nobody can find you from afar using Bluetooth? They’d have to be close enough to have a conversation already to pick up the signal. As far as power usage, again it’s Bluetooth so while a connected device will draw power, just sitting idle it won’t impact the battery in any meaningful way.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps it’ll ease your mind to know nobody can find you from afar using Bluetooth? They’d have to be close enough to have a conversation already to pick up the signal. As far as power usage, again it’s Bluetooth so while a connected device will draw power, just sitting idle it won’t impact the battery in any meaningful way.

Everything that he said about turning off Bluetooth makes absolutely no sense.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

How is a cell phone tracked?
One method of location tracking involves the use of wireless signals to triangulate your position between cell towers. Another method uses the GPS radio on your phone to pinpoint your location. A third method uses the Wi-Fi hot spot to which you're connected to approximate your current position."

Is Bluetooth or Wi-Fi more secure?
Bluetooth and WiFi connections are typically equally secure when it comes to connection strength and reliability, but Bluetooth is often more secure from hackers. There are far fewer ways for people to hack into a Bluetooth device, especially since they have to be quite close to access the connection.

Bluetooth is generally used to link one device to another. Once the connection between two devices is made, it's pretty secure. Unlike WiFi, Bluetooth's range is much shorter. Bluetooth's limited range means that anything bad that can happen to you via Bluetooth can only happen when someone close to you does it

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

I would refer you to Rob Braxman’s Youtube Channel he is much more able to explain than I.
Come back when you have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro