iOS 15.4.1 is available

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I would refer you to Rob Braxman’s Youtube Channel he is much more able to explain than I.
Come back when you have.

How about you link what you’re referencing because I’m not scrolling for videos I’ve never heard of. Meanwhile you can check this out: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-12271 for information about Bluetooth power usage. As far as anyone finding you by your phone, they’re not using Bluetooth to do it. See @DEman19901’s reply here: https://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=452894&p=3282127&viewfull=1#post3282127

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
How about you link what you’re referencing because I’m not scrolling for videos I’ve never heard of. Meanwhile you can check this out: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-12271 for information about Bluetooth power usage. As far as anyone finding you by your phone, they’re not using Bluetooth to do it. See @DEman19901’s reply here: https://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=452894&p=3282127&viewfull=1#post3282127

Why would I ? if you can’t be bothered neither am I.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Why would I ? if you can’t be bothered neither am I.

Because I’ve done the homework and have an answer. Yours is contrary to the reality so if you’d like anyone to understand where you came by your decision and/or knowledge, show your sources. Just like 99.99% of the world knows the world is round, if you want to say it’s flat you’re going to need to show us why the science is somehow incorrect. Not just a hand wave to “do the research”. That’s a cop-out. Bluetooth in this update isn’t any different than it was before the update so the previous rules of the technology still apply, no need to shut it off. If anyone wants to, they can, but they don’t need to for location concerns. That’s not what Bluetooth does.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Because I’ve done the homework and have an answer. Yours is contrary to the reality so if you’d like anyone to understand where you came by your decision and/or knowledge, show your sources. Just like 99.99% of the world knows the world is round, if you want to say it’s flat you’re going to need to show us why the science is somehow incorrect. Not just a hand wave to “do the research”. That’s a cop-out. Bluetooth in this update isn’t any different than it was before the update so the previous rules of the technology still apply, no need to shut it off. If anyone wants to, they can, but they don’t need to for location concerns. That’s not what Bluetooth does.

Let me go turn off Bluetooth and put on a tinfoil hat.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

What homework ? you cant be bothered to go to search,and look up Braxman, who is my source.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
What homework ? you cant be bothered to go to search,and look up Braxman, who is my source.

If you want me to understand where you got your ideas, link a specific video. I work 60-70 hours a week as well as take care of family and home. I do not have the time to watch hours of content from a creator I've never heard of in the 17 years I've been on YouTube. I linked you to a source, you can do the same.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would refer you to Rob Braxman’s Youtube Channel he is much more able to explain than I.

Before replying, I took some time to watch a video of someone interviewing Rob and I found the conversation very interesting. He appears to be quite knowledgeable and he's on point, in my opinion, when he speaks of FB. I did not watch a video of him speaking of Bluetooth, but I do understand how it can be used as a tracking mechanism, specifically at retail establishments. Anyway, thank you for mentioning Rob.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice