No Verification Codes

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
My daughter has a phone running iOS 15.2 and she doesn't get any verification codes from a bank or any other business. Nothing will come through on Messages or even a pop up on the screen.

Previously, she was running iOS 14.8 then 15.1 and it worked. Messages works fine otherwise. Even if I do it directly on the phone itself nothing comes through.

I am not sure how to fix it. I have restarted the phone and she is signed in with her ID.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Does she have a Focus currently active? That could be a possible reason why some notifications are not getting through.

This can be checked from the Control Centre (slide down from the top right corner of the screen). It will show up below the network connectivity quick settings, and in the status bar, next to the battery indicator.

IMG_26DD9CF9F1E9-1.jpeg

@Moderators: Can we move this under iOS so it might get more (properly targeted) visibility :)

Philip Fisher

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for moving the post to the proper category.

In case anyone is interested I figured out why my daughter was not receiving any verification codes (OTP) such as when a bank wants to confirm your identity or maybe another secure site. Obviously a verification code usually an SMS message is sent to the registered number to confirm the person's identity.

As I said before, she has an Phone 8+ running 15.2 and TMO is the carrier. This is specific to TMO- I don't know about the other carriers- there is a setting called Family Allowance which was preventing these OTP messages.

Once I enabled a setting in FA then she was able to get an OTP code from her bank.

In this case Focus was not enabled and this was a TMO issue.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2