Battery tips for iPhone 13 Pro

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
OK I just went to my local Apple store and got a screen protector and case for my new 13 Pro. what are your battery tips? Do I discharge every time? I’m at 58%. Do I charge at 50%. I know everyone has their own opinions

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Keep it simple and charge the device when you think it’s needs charging. I charge my iPhone 13 Pro with its USB cable and charging block overnight every night.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Keep it simple and charge the device when you think it’s needs charging. I charge my iPhone 13 Pro with its USB cable and charging block overnight every night.

I didn’t know with it being a new device if you should try to limit the charges or was that the old days. lol

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I used to refer to the Battery University site years ago, and thought it became a bit obsolete or even gone. They apparently refreshed the site (don't know when) and should give you enough info. I understand the thrust of your question is more about everyday health keeping of battery, including what was used to be called "initial conditioning" etc. I have not checked the latest content yet, but hope it helps. Perhaps it might be referred to in the iMore site mentioned above.

https://batteryuniversity.com/

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Charge it when it needs charging. It's that simple.I don't use chargers rated over 20W.

What’s the wattage of the standard Apple charger

is it better to charge it the same time every day/night so your iPhone can “learn” according to optimized battery charging within settings

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What’s the wattage of the standard Apple charger
It depends. It used to be 5W, now it’s 19 or 20W.

is it better to charge it the same time every day/night so your iPhone can “learn” according to optimized battery charging within settings
I would say so. But you don’t have to be precise to the minute. The feature learns your patterns on its own, so it will easily adjust to your charge “schedule” :)

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It depends. It used to be 5W, now it’s 19 or 20W.

I would say so. But you don’t have to be precise to the minute. The feature learns your patterns on its own, so it will easily adjust to your charge “schedule” :)

I just got my 13 Pro yesterday. should I be using the cord that it came with or does it really matter. does it say what wattage on the charging block on the bottom?

if you take a day or two off of charging is that OK for it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 13 Pro yesterday. should I be using the cord that it came with or does it really matter. does it say what wattage on the charging block on the bottom?

if you take a day or two off of charging is that OK for it

As a rule, I recommend using the usb that came with the device, but it is not a requirement.

As for your second question, you do NOT have to charge your iPhone everyday unless you need to.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree that it's best to use the cable that comes with the iPhone. However, I myself have purchased additional cables and when I do, I always make sure that they are Apple MFi Certified.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I charge my phone last night and this morning I’m at 96%. I know I might be paranoid but with this being a new phone (As of Dec 1) I want to get the most out of my battery. is that normal, I know phones don’t stay in 100% all the time lolIMG_2400.JPGIMG_2401.JPG

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m planning on going to Texas for the weekend in about three weeks. is it better on your iPhone battery to use the wired charger or since I have a 13 Pro use the mag safe duo charger from Apple. I use a Belkin mag safe at my house but I was just wondering about travel

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m planning on going to Texas for the weekend in about three weeks. is it better on your iPhone battery to use the wired charger or since I have a 13 Pro use the mag safe duo charger from Apple. I use a Belkin mag safe at my house but I was just wondering about travel

I would charge the phone using a wired charger, for this simple reason: I want to be sure it is charged when I’m going to spend time outdoors and take pictures. The number of times my Qi charger decided not to charge the phone is sufficient for me to lose trust in it, the latest is… this morning .

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would cheffe the phone using a wired charger, for this simple reason: I want to be sure it is charged when I’m going to spend time outdoors and take pictures. The number of times my Qi charger decided not to charge the phone is sufficient for me to lose trust in it, the latest is… this morning .

I agree. Plus, I believe charging via a wired charger is faster. Because you're traveling, I would also carry a power bank, in case your battery runs low! You don't want to miss any potentially awesome photos! :D And, of course, a car charger would be another good thing to bring along.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711