Hi!
    My friends, I have a problem and need your help. I have tones of sms but for an unknown reasons I wake up today to find all missing or deleted by the system and want to recover all if possible. I have iphone 12 Pro Max. Please help.
    11-05-2021 10:25 AM
    As far as I am aware the phone won’t delete messages on its own .

Might have to restore from your last back up.
    Alkali likes this.
    11-05-2021 10:27 AM
    As far as I am aware the phone won’t delete messages on its own .

Might have to restore from your last back up.
    That's my biggest problem. I have checked the backup in the settings but it's not macked.
    11-05-2021 10:29 AM
    Hi!
    My friends, I have a problem and need your help. I have tones of sms but for an unknown reasons I wake up today to find all missing or deleted by the system and want to recover all if possible. I have iphone 12 Pro Max. Please help.
    Are those recent messages?

Have you checked the "Keep Messages" setting in the Settings app, under Messages​?
    scruffypig likes this.
    11-05-2021 10:28 PM
    If messages deleted without any action on your part, be aware you may have an underlying hardware or software problem. If it is still under warranty or you have AC+, you may want to open a support case.

1. did you recently install a new app or make changes within general settings?
    2. Is it possible you are very low on disk space? Unlikely but not impossible for odd things to happen when disk space is very low.
    3. The best 99 cents or 1.99 per month you'll spend is for icloud backup. There are several very nice benefits having all your Apple devices are connected under 1 iCloud account. And while backups are something you'll rarely be aware of, when you need to restore a backup it is the most important iCloud feature. Lost, stolen or dead iPhone is a much easier event if you can restore everything to the replacement. So critical action item for you for tomorrow: enable and confirm backups are happening.
    turbochgd and Annie_M like this.
    11-05-2021 10:58 PM
    Are those recent messages?

Have you checked the "Keep Messages" setting in the Settings app, under Messages​?
    This ↑↑ Be sure it's set to "Forever"!
    Ed7789 and scruffypig like this.
    11-06-2021 04:33 PM