iOS 15 - Mail Notification Changed?

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It now appears that you cannot have sounds for an email account without turning on alerts, but cannot individually select alerts for each account.

Before iOS 15, I had different sounds for each email account and only banners for one of my accounts and VIPs. Now it seems that I cannot individually turn on/off banners for each email account - it's all or nothing.

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is this the new behavior?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Settings/Notifications/Mail, scroll to bottom and select Customize Notifications. From there you can set different tones, vibration patterns and banners for each account.

At least, I hope that’s what you’re asking for.

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Settings/Notifications/Mail, scroll to bottom and select Customize Notifications. From there you can set different tones, vibration patterns and banners for each account.

At least, I hope that’s what you’re asking for.

Thanks. That used to be correct - you can no longer change the banners per account. That's my issue.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. That used to be correct - you can no longer change the banners per account. That's my issue.

Hmmm. I still can on iOS 15. Settings / Notification / Mail / Customize Notifications (or Settings / Mail / Notification / Customize Notifications), then tap an account in the list and choose whether you want badges or not.

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm. I still can on iOS 15. Settings / Notification / Mail / Customize Notifications (or Settings / Mail / Notification / Customize Notifications), then tap an account in the list and choose whether you want badges or not.

Badges are different from banners. Badges indicate new emails/messages with a red dot on the icon and a counter. Banners are the dropdowns from the top of the screen and are lumped in with Alerts. If you want a sound notification, you must turn on Alerts and you cannot customize which accounts show dropdown banners.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You are correct op while you can customize alerts, sounds, and badges, for each mail account, banners are either on or off for all mail accounts on iOS 15.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods