What do you like in iOS 15?

joemontana57

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
For me it’s nothing major but a couple minor things

1. To edit an alarm, you just tap the alarm. Instead of having to tap the edit button, then the alarm. Apple has finally seen fit to have their alarm work like pretty much every android alarm.(after over a decade on android, I bought an iPhone 12 pro and love it, but there are a few minor things that I like better on android, like notifications)

2. When do not disturb is turned on, there is just a little moon on the lock screen instead of that whole big paragraph explaining what do not disturb is. That’s really minor but I really notice it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you like in ios 15?

I have been using it since July. It is a relatively minor update, unless you use those heavily modified features.

I have embraced the Focus feature, which evolved from Do Not Disturb, but it did need a lot of getting used to.

Beside that, I feel like it is called “iOS 15: Refinement”.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn’t call the new privacy features minor.

Just turned on record app activity and iCloud private relay.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

FaceTime portrait mode is nice

The overall look of Notifications feels fresh

The photo app update is my favorite followed by the Maps enhancements

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I've been so busy, I haven't really gotten to "experience" it. I do like the new Notifications, and Focus seems great. I also like being able to get notifications that I've left items behind! That will be helpful.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Cool to be able to capture text in pictures and see metadata on photos right in the Photos app.

Pretty much that’s it. This software update and even iPhone cycle just screams “we’ve been working from home”.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I haven't done much with Focus yet, but will be exploring them soon.

I also like the idea of scheduled delivery of a lot of notifications.

I may be in the minority, but I like the tab bar at the bottom of the iPhone. I also like Safari extensions; I mostly use 1Password for that, but this should be more seamless than before.

I'm trying out the "Protect Mail Activity" - we'll see how that goes. I love the idea of it anyway.

I like the updated look and feel of lists. For example, the Settings app, the different options don't go full left and right anymore - there is some space at the margins, and I think that looks better. It's a minor change, but I think it looks better.

It's been less than a day - I may find more that I like.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Safari
Focus
Text capture
Private Relay
The overall feel of iOS 15

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I do love the new Focus feature.

I've set it up for my schedule of work, hobbies and sleep and it's worked perfectly so far.

The new Drag and Drop feature seems pretty cool. I had no idea that was a thing until the video from FFR above.

The new Safari is better now after what I considered to be a huge misstep in the earlier iOS15 betas. I now vastly prefer it to the old Safari.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I have been using it since July. It is a relatively minor update, unless you use those heavily modified features.

I have embraced the Focus feature, which evolved from Do Not Disturb, but it did need a lot of getting used to.

Beside that, I feel like it is called “iOS 15: Refinement”.

Agree. Nothing earth shattering.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Cool to be able to capture text in pictures and see metadata on photos right in the Photos app.

Pretty much that’s it. This software update and even iPhone cycle just screams “we’ve been working from home”.

Hopefully they continue with this and do more things like Google Lens.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn’t call the new privacy features minor.

Just turned on record app activity and iCloud private relay.

I consider iCloud Private Relay as being an iCloud feature, and not iOS. Yes, it works in iOS, but it's tied to my iCloud+ subscription.

But details :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
What do you like in ios 15?

I consider iCloud Private Relay as being an iCloud feature, and not iOS. Yes, it works in iOS, but it's tied to my iCloud+ subscription.

But details :)

But not available for iCloud subscribers on iOS 14 or earlier and apple isn’t charging anything extra for it, kind of feels like an iOS 15 feature. :)

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Exactly, SharePlay is cool, but really needed last year. The iPad camera enhancements are great, but would have been clutch last year when everyone (else) was scrambling for devices for WFH and distance learning…

got berry

May 28, 2012
Visit site

I've been so busy, I haven't really gotten to "experience" it. I do like the new Notifications, and Focus seems great. I also like being able to get notifications that I've left items behind! That will be helpful.

I wish you would get a quick notification when your Apple Watch disconnects from the phone, to many times I have left home without my phone and don't notice until I am to far away to turn around.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What do you like in ios 15?

I wish you would get a quick notification when your Apple Watch disconnects from the phone, to many times I have left home without my phone and don't notice until I am to far away to turn around.

iOS 15 and watchOS 8 does this.

On your Watch, open the Find Devices app, select your iPhone, scroll to the bottom and enable Notify When Left Behind.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I’m still poking around with the new software, but I can tell you what I’m not happy about. I’m not a fan of the new Shortcut menu and the way things are set up now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73