Is anyone else seeing the auto-correct feature is not so correct?

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if its just me or the Canadian English language. so autocorrect on iPhones or IOS, is suppose to correct grammar or correct the spelling if you make a typo or whatever the case maybe. I feel that the autocorrect always corrects words incorrectly when I am typing to others on my iPhone. sometimes I dont notice it until its already sent and I re read what I typed out or someone will be confused on what I am trying to say. is it just me or is anyone else having this same issue? just curious because something that I thought was suppose to correct us is doing the total opposite.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: autocorrect is not so correct!

I’m sure that has happened to us all at some point. With that being said, the device learns or should be learning the way you type and the words you often use. Is that not happening?

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site

not really. for example I can type out how is your "day" and sometimes it will correct to how is your "say". does that make sense? I dont think so

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

It’s definitely less than perfect! There used to be a website called damn you AutoCorrect and it was absolutely hilarious. It might be fun to check it out to see if it’s still there!

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Ahh, auto-correkt. From the dawn of this thinng, it was nothinng but a farce for me. I am sure it would be helpfull if you use it propally. One of the issues is the default korrections that come with phone or app. I am sure people tend to trip on wrong spelling of same worms a number of times. Then it is useful. Perhaps I should klear/reset most of default korrections that come with device and take some time to customize it. But then agein, if you tend to make same errors freequently enough to have your device learn it, that should take care of it by itself. I am not a good speler paticulaly when I am in a hurry. Otherwise, Oll Korrect.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if its just me or the Canadian English language. so autocorrect on iPhones or IOS, is suppose to correct grammar or correct the spelling if you make a typo or whatever the case maybe. I feel that the autocorrect always corrects words incorrectly when I am typing to others on my iPhone. sometimes I dont notice it until its already sent and I re read what I typed out or someone will be confused on what I am trying to say. is it just me or is anyone else having this same issue? just curious because something that I thought was suppose to correct us is doing the total opposite.

Auto-correct is very annoying for me.

It usually corrects my Canadian English to Canadian French and vice versa. Even my English keyboard behaves as French, and the opposite.

Then, there’s this reply where it auto-corrected correctly. So I really don’t know where I stand with that feature.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Autocorrect is a weird function, and should not be taken seriously, but kept for entertainment, my favourite is when it, underlines a word, I stop and read what I have typed, puzzled I tap the screen, the screen then shows exactly what I have typed, I tap the new windowlet , the underline goes away, computer very small brain happy. It does not take much to please your little pet gadget !