iOS 15 developer beta 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just saw the update and am downloading it to my iPhone as we speak. I’ll update my iPad Pro sometime tomorrow. Anyway, thanks for the tip OP… ;)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Both dev beta 1 and 2 have been great thus far. With that being said, the only issue I have is with the native Weather app. Specifically, the precipitation map. If I zoom out, it’ll display and animate the rain clouds, however, when I zoom in, it doesn’t display the rain clouds.

I understand when I zoom out a ways, the map will display in multi-day mode. With that being said, it could be raining right now in my area but it won’t show it in the precipitation map when I zoom in.

Aside from that little annoyance, the beta has been solid as my daily driver.

Note: I still haven’t taken the time to setup as a new device like I’d typically do. I’ve just been too busy.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just saw that there is a second Dev beta 2 and it is huge. 5.5 GB? Has anyone seen the release notes?

kidkamel

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just saw that there is a second Dev beta 2 and it is huge. 5.5 GB? Has anyone seen the release notes?

I’m downloading it now. I hope it fixes the issues I’ve been experiencing from random screen stalls, messaging app acting up and CarPlay glitching.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded yesterday and installed today.
Haven’t noticed anything different or weird yet.

The native Weather app’s radar map appears to be functioning properly on my iPhone and that was the only issue I had. Everything else is and has been rock solid to this point.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded last night and apple could of done more than what they did.

Still can't close all apps at once how hard would it be for them to get this done.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded last night and apple could of done more than what they did.

Still can't close all apps at once how hard would it be for them to get this done.

They won’t do that anytime soon.
Closing all apps at once goes against everything iOS and the working of it stands for.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
A close all apps function wouldn't be terribly difficult for Apple to make. It does, however, go against the core of iOS. iOS gas always been built around keeping apps open and jumping between them, that's why the home screen is called Springboard, and why they won't give us an app drawer. The official Apple documentation and support pages also say that apps should only be closed when they are not acting properly, otherwise they should be left open. It's also nothing to worry about. iOS's overly aggressive RAM management stops most apps in the background anyway.