Dark Sky Weather App

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
So Apple bought Dark Sky and the thought was going to take place of the stock weather app that they have had on every iPhone....yet this thing still doesn't have a weather option? Weird.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Man I miss having Dark Sky on my personal Android phone. Was hoping it would come onto iOS quickly for my work phone, but wondering if they bought it to kill it.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
where? Did you purchase the app? I thought Apple was going to make it part of iOS, but I only see the paid app available and no widget.

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Where did you find it? As the saying goes 'Enquiring minds want to know'! :D

It’s only available when you use the widget page…when you swipe left and click edit you can add a dark weather widget it’s not exactly what I was hoping for but it’s a start!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So Apple bought Dark Sky and the thought was going to take place of the stock weather app that they have had on every iPhone....yet this thing still doesn't have a weather option? Weird.

If you look at the weather app since iOS 14, it has changed to show more discrete location details, and when it is precipatating (or about to), the stock weather app shows the same data that Dark Sky does about intensity, duration of precipitation, etc. Apple never said that the Dark Sky would replace the weather app - but it's obvious that they have changed the weather app with data from the Dark Sky network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2