Even more gratifying is to press the “X” next to the Facebook icon. Easier said than done.
    You must not have grandchildren.
    05-10-2021 04:09 PM
    You must not have grandchildren.
    No I don’t… I’m from the Facebook generation
    05-10-2021 07:07 PM
    No I don’t… I’m from the Facebook generation
    This is pretty funny to me, because my children (both adults, and have been for a while) never use Facebook anymore. (One occasionally posts stories on Instagram). I just lurk every few days to see what's going on, but almost everything I see posted is from people who have children who are adults, or almost are. After not starting this way, Facebook I think has become a social network of people mostly born before 1980.
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-11-2021 10:41 AM
    This is pretty funny to me, because my children (both adults, and have been for a while) never use Facebook anymore. (One occasionally posts stories on Instagram). I just lurk every few days to see what's going on, but almost everything I see posted is from people who have children who are adults, or almost are. After not starting this way, Facebook I think has become a social network of people mostly born before 1980.
    That's very true. I think people in younger generations would have used Facebook a lot more if their parents and parent's friends had stayed off Facebook. I know this is true with my nephews. They have Facebook accounts but rarely post anything. Instead, they use Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media sites. Interestingly enough, they have asked me to follow them on Snapchat, but they won't as their Mom (my sister)!

She is always surprised by this, but has no real interest in Snapchat, and.. truth be told, she probably couldn't figure it out... lord knows, I have enough issues figuring it out!
    05-11-2021 11:02 AM
    That's very true. I think people in younger generations would have used Facebook a lot more if their parents and parent's friends had stayed off Facebook. I know this is true with my nephews. They have Facebook accounts but rarely post anything. Instead, they use Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media sites. Interestingly enough, they have asked me to follow them on Snapchat, but they won't as their Mom (my sister)!

She is always surprised by this, but has no real interest in Snapchat, and.. truth be told, she probably couldn't figure it out... lord knows, I have enough issues figuring it out!
    My daughter is a teacher. She posts a lot of conversations with her own kids, my grandkids, on Facebook. Most is totally hilarious. Stuff I would miss without Facebook.
    Annie_M and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    05-11-2021 02:41 PM
    what is Facebook?
    05-11-2021 03:18 PM
    what is Facebook?
    LOL
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-11-2021 11:56 PM
    Reading through this, I’m surprised anyone here just doesn’t have the tracking button set to completely off in their settings instead of waiting for a pop up. Granted, I don’t use BoomerBook at all but it sure works for everything else in not even giving them the chance to request.
    pr1nce and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    05-12-2021 07:55 AM
    Reading through this, I’m surprised anyone here just doesn’t have the tracking button set to completely off in their settings instead of waiting for a pop up. Granted, I don’t use BoomerBook at all but it sure works for everything else in not even giving them the chance to request.
    I do have the setting turned off. I have had it off for close to 4 years.
    05-12-2021 08:20 AM
    I had the setting turned off as well. But, curiosity got to me, and I toggled it on to see how the notifications worked.
    05-12-2021 08:40 AM
    Same
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-12-2021 08:49 AM
    I’ve had mine off since it actually became an option.
    05-12-2021 12:45 PM
    The issue with the flashing Apple logo on forced reboot has been fixed on 14.5.1 as well!
    05-12-2021 01:23 PM
    The issue with the flashing Apple logo on forced reboot has been fixed on 14.5.1 as well!
    I noticed that!!!
    05-12-2021 01:47 PM
39 12