Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Also out: Public Beta 2

04fc1ab6e013c4f9271cbc1430a77a9d.jpg

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I found an unexpected behaviour in this beta.

Siri’s voice feedback does not work properly. It will either be completely silent, or start a sentence and cut off in the middle. It seems to be specific to iOS, at least in my case.

I reported it to Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, I found an unexpected behaviour in this beta.

Siri’s voice feedback does not work properly. It will either be completely silent, or start a sentence and cut off in the middle. It seems to be specific to iOS, at least in my case.

I reported it to Apple.

Siri is performing normally on my iPhone thus far.

Polychrome

May 7, 2021
Visit site
I found a new feature, but it'll probably only show up on iPods and iPads.

Bluetooth tethering with android, now creates an "ethernet" option at the top of settings, that gives more control over the connection. And it's *much* more consistent with android now. I can leave the house and come back and it doesn't just disconnect every time it sees wifi.

Which I like, personally. I have an iPod around for imessaging the family, and this gives it more of an "iPhone" experience since it's perpetually connected.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My beta 2 install has slowed down greatly over the past 4 hours or so. It clears itself after a while, and then slows down again.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the public beta which I believe is one iteration behind the dev beta.

I'm seeing unexpected battery behaviour. My 11 Pro Max will not charge past 98%. However if I turn it off and on again, the battery will show 100% until it drops below 98% and I charge it again, at which point the same issue repeats itself.

Anyone else seeing this?

I've filed a feedback report, obviously.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the public beta which I believe is one iteration behind the dev beta.

I'm seeing unexpected battery behaviour. My 11 Pro Max will not charge past 98%. However if I turn it off and on again, the battery will show 100% until it drops below 98% and I charge it again, at which point the same issue repeats itself.

Anyone else seeing this?

I've filed a feedback report, obviously.

The public and developer builds are the same. Both are 18F5065a.

I have seen the same behaviour this morning. I don’t think it’s incorrect behaviour. Mobile devices are never kept at 100% charge, even on a charger.

Overcharging a Li-Ion battery is bad for it, so the device will stop providing charge to the battery to allow it to discharge and it will charge it again.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The public and developer builds are the same. Both are 18F5065a.

Aha! Good to know. thanks. I've not been paying that close attention to it.

I have seen the same behaviour this morning. I don’t think it’s incorrect behaviour. Mobile devices are never kept at 100% charge, even on a charger.

Overcharging a Li-Ion battery is bad for it, so the device will stop providing charge to the battery to allow it to discharge and it will charge it again.

It definitely is incorrect behaviour. My phone never did this before the latest beta. As my post says, the battery will not display anything past 98% until I turn it off and on again, at which point it will show 100% and discharge as normal. Once I try and charge it back up, it stops at 98% until i turn it off and on again. That is absolutely unexpected behaviour. My phone has never done that before. In fact none of my phones have ever done that before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner