Apple Watch Series 6 deals at Amazon: Starting at $320!

can you send music to another iOS device or do you have to invite them to be part of your family plan that can include up to six people
    04-30-2021 12:02 AM
    I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. You can share a song (while it is playing, tap the three-circle control top-right and hit share song, or long-press on the song name at the bottom of the screen and a sharing sheet menu will appear), and if the user has Apple Music themselves they can play it. They do not have to be part of your family plan. If they don't have Apple Music, the link will take them to a web page that will allow them to play a snippet of the song.

But if you mean can you share your Apple Music subscription, nope. As you say, if you are the organizer of a family group and you pay for the family subscription, you can invite members of your group to add a subscription.
    Annie_M and Chris Cook5 like this.
    04-30-2021 02:37 PM
    That’s what I mean, can you send music to any iOS device or do they have to be under your family sharing under iCloud? I currently have three people but can you send music to other people that aren’t under that section or do they have to be under family sharing
    04-30-2021 04:21 PM
    That’s what I mean, can you send music to any iOS device or do they have to be under your family sharing under iCloud? I currently have three people but can you send music to other people that aren’t under that section or do they have to be under family sharing
    Do you mean like sharing a song with someone in iMessage? Or what?
    You can share music with anyone else who subscribes to Apple Music. I would think you can also share music with those on your Family Plan. No one else.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    04-30-2021 08:09 PM
    song and album through imessage. I thought they had to be in your Family Sharing
    Last edited by Chris Cook5; 05-02-2021 at 05:55 PM.
    04-30-2021 10:50 PM
    What happens when you try to share music outside of your Family Sharing group? Does it work?
    05-01-2021 05:44 AM
    What happens when you try to share music outside of your Family Sharing group? Does it work?
    It should work with any Apple Music subscriber for songs that are offered by the service. As mentioned by @doogald ; , they will be able to play the song.

[…] if the user has Apple Music themselves they can play it. They do not have to be part of your family plan. If they don't have Apple Music, the link will take them to a web page that will allow them to play a snippet of the song.
    05-01-2021 06:24 AM
    song and album through imessage. I thought they had to be in your Family Sharing Attachment 130851
    As long as the person you share with in iMessage subscribes to Apple Music, it works. I shared a song in iMessage with an Apple Support rep. She didn't know you could do that. I had to show her how.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    05-01-2021 02:21 PM
    The only thing family sharing is good for is u can get people in ur family and they don’t have to pay for the features but u can split up the payments for it if they send u the money but to send music to them thru iMessage all they need is to have a active Apple Music subscription and u can send it to them I love it
    Annie_M likes this.
    05-02-2021 07:22 AM
    song and album through imessage. I thought they had to be in your Family Sharing Attachment 130851
    No, as I said: sharing a song sends a web link to Apple Music service on the web. On an iPhone, it will redirect to the Music app, I believe. If the recipient is not a subscriber to Apple Music, they get an album view, with a list of songs, and they can play a snippet of each song (90 seconds I believe?) Any Apple Music subscriber can play the entire song.

Here is a link to a song that I have just shared from the Music app. You are not in my family plan, obviously. Can you play it on your iPhone?

https://music.apple.com/us/album/sul...r&at=1000l33GT
    05-02-2021 10:50 AM
    No, as I said: sharing a song sends a web link to Apple Music service on the web. On an iPhone, it will redirect to the Music app, I believe. If the recipient is not a subscriber to Apple Music, they get an album view, with a list of songs, and they can play a snippet of each song (90 seconds I believe?) Any Apple Music subscriber can play the entire song.

Here is a link to a song that I have just shared from the Music app. You are not in my family plan, obviously. Can you play it on your iPhone?

https://music.apple.com/us/album/sul...r&at=1000l33GT
    I click the link and get this:

I’m also an Apple Music subscriber.
    05-02-2021 11:05 AM
    of course not,I don’t pay for Apple music !
    05-03-2021 10:16 AM
    I click the link and get this:
    [IMG=473x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210502/1f94b7da318b454a1d4844aaebf093e3.jpg[/url]

I’m also an Apple Music subscriber.
    Yes, exactly. If you click any of the songs above, you can play them. (It was Sultans of Swing that I linked above.)
    05-03-2021 10:21 AM