Sending music

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
can you send music to another iOS device or do you have to invite them to be part of your family plan that can include up to six people

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. You can share a song (while it is playing, tap the three-circle control top-right and hit share song, or long-press on the song name at the bottom of the screen and a sharing sheet menu will appear), and if the user has Apple Music themselves they can play it. They do not have to be part of your family plan. If they don't have Apple Music, the link will take them to a web page that will allow them to play a snippet of the song.

But if you mean can you share your Apple Music subscription, nope. As you say, if you are the organizer of a family group and you pay for the family subscription, you can invite members of your group to add a subscription.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
That’s what I mean, can you send music to any iOS device or do they have to be under your family sharing under iCloud? I currently have three people but can you send music to other people that aren’t under that section or do they have to be under family sharing

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That’s what I mean, can you send music to any iOS device or do they have to be under your family sharing under iCloud? I currently have three people but can you send music to other people that aren’t under that section or do they have to be under family sharing

Do you mean like sharing a song with someone in iMessage? Or what?
You can share music with anyone else who subscribes to Apple Music. I would think you can also share music with those on your Family Plan. No one else.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What happens when you try to share music outside of your Family Sharing group? Does it work?

It should work with any Apple Music subscriber for songs that are offered by the service. As mentioned by [mention]doogald [/mention] , they will be able to play the song.

[…] if the user has Apple Music themselves they can play it. They do not have to be part of your family plan. If they don't have Apple Music, the link will take them to a web page that will allow them to play a snippet of the song.

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
The only thing family sharing is good for is u can get people in ur family and they don’t have to pay for the features but u can split up the payments for it if they send u the money but to send music to them thru iMessage all they need is to have a active Apple Music subscription and u can send it to them I love it

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
song and album through imessage. I thought they had to be in your Family Sharing View attachment 130851

No, as I said: sharing a song sends a web link to Apple Music service on the web. On an iPhone, it will redirect to the Music app, I believe. If the recipient is not a subscriber to Apple Music, they get an album view, with a list of songs, and they can play a snippet of each song (90 seconds I believe?) Any Apple Music subscriber can play the entire song.

Here is a link to a song that I have just shared from the Music app. You are not in my family plan, obviously. Can you play it on your iPhone?

[FONT=&quot]https://music.apple.com/us/album/su...30200&itsct=mobilenationspremier&at=1000l33GT[/FONT]

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No, as I said: sharing a song sends a web link to Apple Music service on the web. On an iPhone, it will redirect to the Music app, I believe. If the recipient is not a subscriber to Apple Music, they get an album view, with a list of songs, and they can play a snippet of each song (90 seconds I believe?) Any Apple Music subscriber can play the entire song.

Here is a link to a song that I have just shared from the Music app. You are not in my family plan, obviously. Can you play it on your iPhone?

[FONT=&quot]https://music.apple.com/us/album/su...30200&itsct=mobilenationspremier&at=1000l33GT[/FONT]

I click the link and get this:
1f94b7da318b454a1d4844aaebf093e3.jpg

I’m also an Apple Music subscriber.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods