Official iOS 14.5 is available

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded 14.5 on iOS. I thought I heard on one of the tech iOS Youtubers I follow talked about a personalized playlist on Apple Music. I don’t see it though. is it supposed to be there

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just downloaded 14.5 on iOS. I thought I heard on one of the tech iOS Youtubers I follow talked about a personalized playlist on Apple Music. I don’t see it though. is it supposed to be there

When you're in your Library on Apple Music you should see something named "Made For You" which contains more personalized playlists.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
335e472b703a028907679389b6ae20da.png

Wow! We get watch unlocking just as states are moving to do away with the mask mandate... though I’ll still be wearing mine

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What a crock of horse-s#*t.

Here in Australia, Google can have this functionality in "Waze" - as have countless others over the last 15+ years... Yet Apple cannot?

I understand you're only hypothesizing... But I'll tell you now, this is absolutely not the reason (at least in Australia).

I completely understand your frustration, don't worry :)

Waze had a 13-year head start - I'm going to give Apple two years (Waze was apparently founded in 2006). You can't expect a feature that has safety implications to be available everywhere at the same time.

And I'm not saying Australia is the problem. I'm saying that you don't exist in a vacuum. Just in Canada, we have 13 sets of different traffic rules - 1 per province and territory. Then you have the USA (I guess that's 50+ sets), EU, UK, etc, etc, etc.

Here's a place where you can provide feedback directly to Apple: https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p :)

gregory_opera

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
I completely understand your frustration, don't worry :)

Waze had a 13-year head start - I'm going to give Apple two years (Waze was apparently founded in 2006). You can't expect a feature that has safety implications to be available everywhere at the same time.

And I'm not saying Australia is the problem. I'm saying that you don't exist in a vacuum. Just in Canada, we have 13 sets of different traffic rules - 1 per province and territory. Then you have the USA (I guess that's 50+ sets), EU, UK, etc, etc, etc.

Here's a place where you can provide feedback directly to Apple: https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p :)

Done.

I find that the incident / speed trap alerts are grossly inaccurate here in Australia, providing inaccurate information (e.g. an alert for an incident / speed trap that isn't there, or no alert when there is an incident / speed trap) approximately 80% of the time... In its current state, Apple Maps' incident / speed traps alerts are largely useless for this very reason.

You might try one of the numbers on this page: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ww.apple.com%2Fau%2Fcontact%2F&token=o1_g7FyU

And of course, tweeting on Twitter may get results.

I'm doubtful the call center would help me, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try... As for Twitter, I don't have any social media accounts, so that's no good to me.

Last edited:

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the beta program, but have 14.5 loaded up. Curious if anyone else DOES NOT have the new purple wallpaper. I thought I might check it out today but I don't have any new wallpapers. I'm not heartbroken or anything, just curious.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on the beta program, but have 14.5 loaded up. Curious if anyone else DOES NOT have the new purple wallpaper. I thought I might check it out today but I don't have any new wallpapers. I'm not heartbroken or anything, just curious.

If you have either iPhone 12 or 12 Mini and are on iOS 14.5 you will have the purple wallpaper.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I love the facemask feature on the new iOS 14.5 and not having to put in a passcode but I do not like having to put in your passcode on your watch every time you pick it up in the mornings

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I love the facemask feature on the new iOS 14.5 and not having to put in a passcode but I do not like having to put in your passcode on your watch every time you pick it up in the mornings

Watch app / Passcode. Turn on"Unlock with iPhone" and now your watch will unlock whenever it is on your wrist unlocked the first time that you unlock your iPhone. (This feature has existed from the beginning.)

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
so now you don’t have to enter your passcode on your watch every time you pick it up

I just tried it and mask on and it didn’t work. do I have to have my passcode set up on my watchIMG_0884.JPG

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
so now you don’t have to enter your passcode on your watch every time you pick it up

I just tried it and mask on and it didn’t work. do I have to have my passcode set up on my watchView attachment 130845

With mask on, unlock with iPhone will not work unless you put in the passphrase - because the watch is locked. In order to unlock the phone with the watch, the watch needs to be unlocked first. You **definitely** don't want some random stranger to pick up your iPhone and put on your watch and have both unlock while they are wearing a mask.

So, unlock watch with iPhone works when you unlock the iPhone, but it can never work with a mask on unless you enter the passphrase (or have a Touch ID phone, of course, which is moot in this case.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2