AirPods Pro deal at Amazon: Save $52 for a limited time!

Has anyone else been getting spam messages from gmails? I seem to get a few a week. Any suggestions or do I have to keep blocking them one at a time?
    02-04-2021 07:49 AM
    I get them occasionally and they are frustrating! Especially because you can't report them to your carriers like you can spam calls. I don't know of any way to avoid them, unfortunately!
    02-04-2021 08:14 AM
    It's a pain, but you have to go into settings under "Filters and Blocked Addresses" from the website. From there you can do what you are wanting to do.

It took a while but 95% of all spam now goes straight to the spam folder and is automatically deleted every 30 days so I really never see it unless I specifically go into that folder.
    02-04-2021 08:48 AM
    It's a pain, but you have to go into settings under "Filters and Blocked Addresses" from the website. From there you can do what you are wanting to do.

It took a while but 95% of all spam now goes straight to the spam folder and is automatically deleted every 30 days so I really never see it unless I specifically go into that folder.
    This may work for emails, but not for text messages received from email addresses.

I get maybe one every month or two. It's annoying, but, so far, not exasperating.

It would be nice if Apple started applying machine learning rules to this sort of activity.

I am going to look to see if there is a way to turn off the email gateway on my carrier's account settings. (Just FYI, that's how these messages get in. For example, as a Verizon subscriber, they can send an email message to the address yourphonenumber@vtext.com and it will send the message to your phone as an SMS.)
    kevb23 likes this.
    02-04-2021 10:39 AM
    This may work for emails, but not for text messages received from email addresses.

I get maybe one every month or two. It's annoying, but, so far, not exasperating.

It would be nice if Apple started applying machine learning rules to this sort of activity.

I am going to look to see if there is a way to turn off the email gateway on my carrier's account settings. (Just FYI, that's how these messages get in. For example, as a Verizon subscriber, they can send an email message to the address yourphonenumber@vtext.com and it will send the message to your phone as an SMS.)
    This is very interesting. I just did a search and found a list of how to send emails to numbers from all sorts of carriers. Thanks for posting this. I'm going to check with my carrier (AT&T) as well.
    Last edited by Annie_M; 02-04-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    02-04-2021 10:47 AM
    Have you tried reporting them to your carrier using their regular process?

It happened to me once, and forwarding the message to SPAM, and then when asked, I gave the email address instead of a phone number.
    kevb23 likes this.
    02-04-2021 01:18 PM
    I get at least 5 -7 a week!! It’s very annoying and frustrating!! As of now I’ve just been going into the “info” on the senders end and block.
    kevb23 likes this.
    02-05-2021 09:26 PM
    Has anyone else been getting spam messages from gmails? I seem to get a few a week. Any suggestions or do I have to keep blocking them one at a time?
    I’ve received several spam messages on my work gmail account, but not on my personal gmail account that I use specifically for junk purposes. Go figure!
    02-06-2021 06:55 AM
    I’ve received several spam messages on my work gmail account, but not on my personal gmail account that I use specifically for junk purposes. Go figure!
    He's saying he receives text messages from a Gmail account. Like in iMessage. I get them from time to time. But most iMessage text spam I get come from a number.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-06-2021 03:06 PM
    This is very interesting. I just did a search and found a list of how to send emails to numbers from all sorts of carriers. Thanks for posting this. I'm going to check with my carrier (AT&T) as well.
    Doesn’t someone in the iMessage group sometimes sends a text from an email account? Seems pretty common.
    02-06-2021 03:13 PM
    There's not much you can do. Most carriers have an email address to forward spam. Not sure it helps any. I just block them.
    kevb23 likes this.
    02-06-2021 03:16 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will just keep blocking for now hopefully they just go away at some point LOL
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-06-2021 03:32 PM
    He's saying he receives text messages from a Gmail account. Like in iMessage. I get them from time to time. But most iMessage text spam I get come from a number.
    My bad...
    02-06-2021 06:09 PM