iOS 14.4 is available

Status
Not open for further replies.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
After updating I’ve found that my App Library is a disaster. Only native apps from Apple are categorized. Everything else is in “Other”. Sometimes it fixes itself after a restart, but sometimes nothing fixes it and I just have to wait until it randomly is fixed.

Anyone else?

IMG_2933.JPG

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After updating I’ve found that my App Library is a disaster. Only native apps from Apple are categorized. Everything else is in “Other”. Sometimes it fixes itself after a restart, but sometimes nothing fixes it and I just have to wait until it randomly is fixed.

Anyone else?

View attachment 130457

Wow. I'm not having any issues with the App Library or any of the other issues I have read about. I did my normal update procedure. I waited until the next day and updated late night (11pm) when the servers are less congested.
I'm going suggest maybe doing a device reset.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Wow. I'm not having any issues with the App Library or any of the other issues I have read about. I did my normal update procedure. I waited until the next day and updated late night (11pm) when the servers are less congested.
I'm going suggest maybe doing a device reset.

Restarting helped one time, but not another. I’m not going to reset it for this, though. I find it really aggravating that we spend ~ $1,000 on these devices and resetting them is always the suggestion (not saying you or specifically this case ... just general complaining here). Where is the “it just works” anymore?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't use App Library at all. But, I just looked - it's all fine, appropriately categorized with first and third party apps.

Maybe Apple needs a new option in Settings / General / Reset to reset App Library?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else?

View attachment 130457

I had an app missing for the App Library once. A reboot of my phone fixed it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it’s me, my tuque or something else, but my AirPods seem to disconnect every 5 minutes with 14.4.
It didn’t do that in any pre-release version .

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else?

View attachment 130457

Nope. Mine is categorized properly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it’s me, my tuque or something else, but my AirPods seem to disconnect every 5 minutes with 14.4.
I’ve had my AirPods Pro earphones in my ear for a good chunk today and I have yet to experience any disconnects.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I’ve had my AirPods Pro earphones in my ear for a good chunk today and I have yet to experience any disconnects.

My AirPods are fine. No disconnects.

Same here. No problems with my AirPods Pro.

@Ed, I suggest unpairing and re-pair.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I wore them for about 1 hour today, at -15ºC (about the same temp as yesterday) without any issues. I also had weird battery drain issues yesterday on the iPhone, lost about 30% within 10 minutes after I posted here, and not today.

I'll monitor that for a while - until about April/May.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I wore them for about 1 hour today, at -15ºC (about the same temp as yesterday) without any issues. I also had weird battery drain issues yesterday on the iPhone, lost about 30% within 10 minutes after I posted here, and not today.

I'll monitor that for a while - until about April/May.

Did you do a hard reboot ( screen) after you updated to iOS 14.4?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a hard reboot ( screen) after you updated to iOS 14.4?
No. Then again, I almost never hard reboot my iPhone. I'm more likely to power it off and back on again.

I suspect that the battery was simply freezing, because anything below zero is outside the phone's operating temperature. It did really had a weird discharge and charge pattern; 30% in 10 minutes discharge and 3% hops while charging.

Like I said, today, the phone didn't exhibit this behaviour, so who knows what was going on yesterday. I'll monitor it, and if it continues to exhibit that behaviour, I will bring my 15-month old phone to Apple and have it checked.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No. Then again, I almost never hard reboot my iPhone. I'm more likely to power it off and back on again.

I suspect that the battery was simply freezing, because anything below zero is outside the phone's operating temperature. It did really had a weird discharge and charge pattern; 30% in 10 minutes discharge and 3% hops while charging.

Like I said, today, the phone didn't exhibit this behaviour, so who knows what was going on yesterday. I'll monitor it, and if it continues to exhibit that behaviour, I will bring my 15-month old phone to Apple and have it checked.

A hard reset (reboot) will fix more than the soft reset (power off, then on). Anytime I have an issue, I start with a hard reset. Next would be Reset All Settings. If all else failed, then wipe the phone, and set up as new. But that's way too much work I try to avoid. Hope you don't have any more issues.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Switched to AT&T from T-Mo, and immediately got the 14.7 update. I guess some carriers get updates sooner than others.

I would be surprised if this was true. Also, just so you know, there are usually individual threads for individual updates! There is a thread for iOS 14.7. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods