For some reason, I have been completely unaware of App Clips (description on Apple's Support Page) until I read an article about them. Obviously, I've never had any experience with them, and am wondering if anyone here on the iMore Forums has.
    01-19-2021 11:55 AM
    For some reason, I have been completely unaware of App Clips (description on Apple's Support Page) until I read an article about them. Obviously, I've never had any experience with them, and am wondering if anyone here on the iMore Forums has.
    I have not.
    I guess developers have yet to find use for it.
    01-19-2021 12:17 PM
    I have not.
    I guess developers have yet to find use for it.
    I was reading where someone encountered one at a gas station. I think they sound like they could be really beneficial and it will be interesting to see where they pop up!
    01-19-2021 12:30 PM
    Let me know if someone finds a non frivolous use for app clips, particularly ones we won’t get charged for !
    01-19-2021 01:35 PM
    I did, in fact, see one at a gas station a few weeks ago. It was after I had already pre-paid, as I was pumping the gas, so it was too late to try it out. Maybe next time.
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-19-2021 03:43 PM
    I have yet to run into one. I really want to try one out.
    01-19-2021 06:40 PM
    The gas station that I go to has the app clip logo on the gas pumps.

I’m not sure how it works. I asked the attendant and he wasn’t sure either.
    01-19-2021 07:09 PM
    I heard that you can scan them with the Camera app.

I can’t confirm though.
    pr1nce likes this.
    01-19-2021 07:20 PM
    01-19-2021 08:29 PM
    I did, in fact, see one at a gas station a few weeks ago. It was after I had already pre-paid, as I was pumping the gas, so it was too late to try it out. Maybe next time.
    Here is that App Clip sticker on the gas pump:

iOS 14 - App Clips-img_0640.jpeg

Ads you can see, it says to hold the iPhone to the sticker. I tried doing that before I did anything else; nothing happened. So I ended up paying for the gas with my watch (it had tap to pay on the pump) and then took this photo as I left.

I should have known to try the camera app: when I looked at my phone in the car, there was a notification on the Lock Screen offering to install the App Clip for Mobil Rewards, which I generally don't care about (I don't use Mobil all that often). But I'll definitely give it a go next time (unless there is a line to get gas or something.)
    Annie_M likes this.
    02-18-2021 04:07 PM
    Here is that App Clip sticker on the gas pump:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0640.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	130539

Ads you can see, it says to hold the iPhone to the sticker. I tried doing that before I did anything else; nothing happened. So I ended up paying for the gas with my watch (it had tap to pay on the pump) and then took this photo as I left.

I should have known to try the camera app: when I looked at my phone in the car, there was a notification on the Lock Screen offering to install the App Clip for Mobil Rewards, which I generally don't care about (I don't use Mobil all that often). But I'll definitely give it a go next time (unless there is a line to get gas or something.)
    Thanks for sharing your experience!!! I will be eager to try one of these when I come across one!
    02-18-2021 04:11 PM