iOS 14 - App Clips

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Let me know if someone finds a non frivolous use for app clips, particularly ones we won’t get charged for !

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I did, in fact, see one at a gas station a few weeks ago. It was after I had already pre-paid, as I was pumping the gas, so it was too late to try it out. Maybe next time.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The gas station that I go to has the app clip logo on the gas pumps.

I’m not sure how it works. I asked the attendant and he wasn’t sure either.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I did, in fact, see one at a gas station a few weeks ago. It was after I had already pre-paid, as I was pumping the gas, so it was too late to try it out. Maybe next time.

Here is that App Clip sticker on the gas pump:

IMG_0640.jpeg

Ads you can see, it says to hold the iPhone to the sticker. I tried doing that before I did anything else; nothing happened. So I ended up paying for the gas with my watch (it had tap to pay on the pump) and then took this photo as I left.

I should have known to try the camera app: when I looked at my phone in the car, there was a notification on the Lock Screen offering to install the App Clip for Mobil Rewards, which I generally don't care about (I don't use Mobil all that often). But I'll definitely give it a go next time (unless there is a line to get gas or something.)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Here is that App Clip sticker on the gas pump:

View attachment 130539

Ads you can see, it says to hold the iPhone to the sticker. I tried doing that before I did anything else; nothing happened. So I ended up paying for the gas with my watch (it had tap to pay on the pump) and then took this photo as I left.

I should have known to try the camera app: when I looked at my phone in the car, there was a notification on the Lock Screen offering to install the App Clip for Mobil Rewards, which I generally don't care about (I don't use Mobil all that often). But I'll definitely give it a go next time (unless there is a line to get gas or something.)

Thanks for sharing your experience!!! I will be eager to try one of these when I come across one!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234