Please Post Your Weather App Screenshots here.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Weather App Screenshots

When you say "Pro", do you refer to the Premium Subscription? If so, what does that offer that other weather apps don't have? I don't subscribe, but I don't have ads either.

No ads on mine but in the subscription version the time frame runs out more than a day in its predictions. - almost a week- handy....I think one can store many more favourite locations as well. I realize how much more polished it is by comparison to the Web version on iMac where there is no App available.
When you say "features that other weather apps don't have" do remember that I am not shopping in the US Appstore - I use the Canadian store -as I use a Canadian C/C & address to support purchases. (They must match) I could use the Barbados store too but it's even more limited. The mostly US Apps I can choose from simply are weak outside the US - and many European providers do list in the Canadian store. I believe MeteoEarth is German based, openweathermap UK, Foreca Is Finnish, YR No Norway, and so on. Many USA apps don't cover or update the tropics overly well if beyond Puerto Rico . Several 'choices' when multi sourcing happens have similar issues. ClimaCell seems to ( where info is limited) only use airport data. Aeris likewise but at least updates more regularily. I'm sure that US developers and sources can't afford to cover locations well when they have fewer local subscribers.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Weather App Screenshots

I usually keep my MeteoEarth setup like this. I've had it for quite awhile. I don't see ads or a 'pro/premium' version within the app.
39196f874a3eb26c45ab8be09b56d29c.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No ads on mine but in the subscription version the time frame runs out more than a day in its predictions. - almost a week- handy....I think one can store many more favourite locations as well. I realize how much more polished it is by comparison to the Web version on iMac where there is no App available.

I get a weeks or more weather predictions in other apps. And I can add more locations. I seem to have everything but the 5 days ahead animations. $8.99 per year isn't much, but I just don't need it.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Weather App Screenshots

Since Openweather (UK) is probably getting more traction probably with the ization of Dark Sky placing limits on its use in 3rd party apps, I investigated their own recent ( at least on my App Store) iOS app and am impressed. It is free and has no ads. The presentation is professional and businesslike & it's accuracy is solid here in the tropics, as it's been when sourced by BeWeather for their 'rebuild'. It's in-house radar is mostly an algorithm based satellite enhancement at least at this time. Only minor limit I've seen is that one can only add 6 locations to display, but that's usually plenty. No mention yet of a widget though.

7a2372aa504ade7b8885e512151d9e66.png

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Weather App Screenshots

Since Openweather is probably getting more traction probably with the ization of Dark Sky placing limits on its use in 3rd party apps, I investigated their own recent ( at least on my App Store) iOS app and am impressed. It is free and has no ads. The presentation is professional and businesslike & it's accuracy is solid here in the tropics, as it's been when sourced by BeWeather for their 'rebuild'. It's in-house radar is mostly an algorithm based satellite enhancement at least at this time. Only minor limit I've seen is that one can only add 6 locations to display, but that's usually plenty. No mention yet of a widget though.

7a2372aa504ade7b8885e512151d9e66.png

I can only speak for my area, and so far OpenWeatherMaps used by BeWeather as a weather source is very accurate.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Weather App Screenshots

I can only speak for my area, and so far OpenWeatherMaps is very accurate.

Their App is in the Canadian App store as simply 'openweather'. I do not have access to check the US Store easily though. It is also available on the relatively limited Barbados App Store on our old(er) iPhone 7Plus.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Their App is in the Canadian App store as simply 'openweather'. I do not have access to check the US Store easily though. It is also available on the relatively limited Barbados App Store on our old(er) iPhone 7Plus.

Yes it's available in the Apple App US store as well, and OpenWeatherMaps and OpenWeather are one in the same.
3ceee9fef3108b24bc013411a8ade86d.jpg

They are pretty accurate for my area.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I tried it on my iPad and could only look at it in portrait mode. So that’s too bad I really prefer landscape mode when I’m using apps on my iPad. It does seem to be very accurate!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried it on my iPad and could only look at it in portrait mode. So that’s too bad I really prefer landscape mode when I’m using apps on my iPad. It does seem to be very accurate!

Yes it's 'portrait-only' on my mini4 iPad. ( & iPhone-which is usually what I use.)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Weather App Screenshots

Over the years I've used/had so many different weather apps. I went into my Apple purchased list and it's unbelievable..LOL , and that's not including Blackberry and Android weather apps. However, using three different platforms there has been one that has stayed with me for the last 10+ years and with the exception of about one year has been accurate in my area of travels throughout.
BeWeather (formally BerryWeather) just does it for me and the way I like using a weather app. I just wish it had the new homescreen widgets.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Note too that I've always used ( at least the 4 years or so) some level of protection against nefarious software even when the belief was that  was more robust & impervious that way than others. Using Norton 360 for Web Protection and VPN, as well as Malwarebytes for text & call scamming screens allows me to be a bit more comfortable with 'non local' ( & local too) software.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Note too that I've always used ( at least the 4 years or so) some level of protection against nefarious software even when the belief was that  was more robust & impervious that way than others. Using Norton 360 for Web Protection and VPN, as well as Malwarebytes for text & call scamming screens allows me to be a bit more comfortable with 'non local' ( & local too) software.

I'm not sure if I understand. I thought this was a weather app discussion thread.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods