Can I access the punctuation key in G Board w/o pressing the numeric key?

joemontana57

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
I install G board. However there are no punctuation marks that I can access unless I press the numeric key. Same with the Apple keyboard that came stock.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Punctuation

Thank you. Guess I'll go back to the iPhone kb
It is a shame, my main SIM had been in my OnePlus since January. I got used to easy punctuation myself. However, years of iOS muscle memory also kicked in. I would love to see Apple give us the stock keyboard from ipad on the iphone. You swipe down on the letters to get the punctuation/numbers you can see.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

No limitation. There is a switch in Gboard settings that allows for punctuation to be shown or not. Pressing and holding it shows the most commonly used punctuation marks. Very convenient.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

P.S. I've been using Gboard on my iPhones since 3rd party keyboards got allowed in iOS. I find it to be more feature rich, and better working with swiping and word recognition than the stock KB. Whenever I try the stock KB, I eventually go back to Gboard, because of these advantages. I prefer using stock software, and want to avoid Google if any possible, but the KB is such a critical part of any phone that I want to use the best that I can get. And, Goggle claims, that as long as you don't use the built in search, no data is being transferred to and analyzed by Google (I'm not 100% sure about this though).

joemontana57

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site

No limitation. There is a switch in Gboard settings that allows for punctuation to be shown or not. Pressing and holding it shows the most commonly used punctuation marks. Very convenient.

Please let me know where that switch is, how I can access it.

joemontana57

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site

I reinstalled Gboard and now there is pop-up punctuation. All is well with the world LOL!

joemontana57

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site

in Gboard settings -> Keyboard settings -> 'show "." on keyboard'
YOu can switch it on and off there.
Just in case you're still looking for it.

Thank you! As I said, it seems to have fixed itself but it's good to know where the toggle is if I ever need it!
Joe

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative