That is what I would like to do. I have been watching videos about iOS 14 in preparation for my first iPhone.
    While using Chrome, all directions default to Google maps. Other than that, I have no issues using Google Maps. The only way that I can use Apple Maps, I have to launch it straight from the App. I am pretty sure there are other scenarios, that might prove to be otherwise.
    The one I'm watching just now said that she can't set Google maps as default. and all the videos that I've seen where they talk about it, the only two that you can set is default according to them is your web browser and your email client.

How are you able to use Google maps etc?
    10-24-2020 09:14 AM
    Were you going to write something here? Or did i miss it?
    10-24-2020 10:22 AM
    I am a big Amazon user, iCloud and Prime photos. What I take on my phone, automatically gets saved on both platforms, works like a charm.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-24-2020 03:57 PM
    That is what I would like to do. I have been watching videos about iOS 14 in preparation for my first iPhone.

The one I'm watching just now said that she can't set Google maps as default. and all the videos that I've seen where they talk about it, the only two that you can set is default according to them is your web browser and your email client.

How are you able to use Google maps etc?
    I’m not the quoted person, however, I use Google Maps all the time. Any map link will take you to Apple Maps (if you have it installed), though I just search the location in the Google Maps app.
    10-25-2020 07:48 PM
    Thank you. On my Android phone, if I Tell Google Assistant to navigate to so-and-so, it will use Google maps.
    Will it work the same way on an iPhone, or will it default to Apple maps?
    I’m not the quoted person, however, I use Google Maps all the time. Any map link will take you to Apple Maps (if you have it installed), though I just search the location in the Google Maps app.
    10-25-2020 07:52 PM
    Thank you. On my Android phone, if I Tell Google Assistant to navigate to so-and-so, it will use Google maps.
    Will it work the same way on an iPhone, or will it default to Apple maps?
    Unfortunately it will default to Apple Maps. iOS 14 has only just brought us the ability to change default email apps and browser apps. I still need to check into that.
    10-25-2020 07:54 PM
    I had a couple thoughts. The first one is perhaps Apple maps isn't as bad as heard it used to be. Mind you though I've never used it, it's just what I've heard.
    The second thought is I wonder if I could say Siri use Google maps to navigate to blah blah blah.
    Joe
    Unfortunately it will default to Apple Maps. iOS 14 has only just brought us the ability to change default email apps and browser apps. I still need to check into that.
    10-25-2020 09:25 PM
    I had a couple thoughts. The first one is perhaps Apple maps isn't as bad as heard it used to be. Mind you though I've never used it, it's just what I've heard.
    The second thought is I wonder if I could say Siri use Google maps to navigate to blah blah blah.
    Joe
    Yes Apple Maps has come quite a long way. I still prefer Google Maps myself, Apple Maps is still missing a police station that has been in operation for 4 years or more.

I did just check and Siri can indeed run directions through Google Maps.
    doogald likes this.
    10-25-2020 09:36 PM
58 123