So Apple’s solution is to ignore the issue!

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues on iOS 14, but as soon as I installed 14.0.1 that all changed! They have given no timetable for a fix and at that stopped signing 14! Is this the new tactic to convince droves to buy the new iPhone?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I had no issues on iOS 14, but as soon as I installed 14.0.1 that all changed! They have given no timetable for a fix and at that stopped signing 14! Is this the new tactic to convince droves to buy the new iPhone?

Hold on, take a deep breath.
What exactly seems to be the issue you’re having?
Apple would have let all of the world know there was a fix coming, or they would’ve fixed the issue already if the droves all had the same issue.

Again, what issue are you referring to?

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Work app is not showing notifications nor sounds for notifications is number one. Battery just starts draining like wildfire for no apparent reason. Apps force close. Actually everyone is having the same issues, just has to be the right moment so to speak. First thing is these issues were not present in 14. I drive a semi and rely on that one app to work. It’s definitely not the app as we have looked and none have sound and notification issues on 14, only on 14.0.1. Battery drain did not happen until 14.0.1 nor the other issues. Hard reset fixed some issues that showed on 14, but even a full dfu and setup as new with 14.0.1 fixed nothing. So why stop someone from downgrading to 14? Sure ain’t to fix an issue they made worse with 14.0.1. The bugs are far worse this time and Apple just says wipe it and start over! That is not a fix nor have they given any idea of when a possible fix is coming! Instead they are bombarding my email with the Oct 13 event!!! So no I am not happy with this at all. They dump betas out that don’t support the watch series 6 and that’s testing? I have yet to get a reply from Apple over the issues they have placed in the new iOS. Instead it is the same crap. Take it to the nearest apple store or send it in. Really! That is not going to fix 4 new devices having the same issues, unless you’re admitting that you’re sell sub par garbage now! Guess what? Not garbage at all!! It’s the idea of more money by selling a new device over dropping the iOS 14.2 update now!! Plain and simple!!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My series 6 works wonderfully well with the latest watchOS beta.
My iPhone 7 Plus has no issues with the latest beta.
All my apps show notifications. At least the ones I have enabled for notifications, that is.

Apple will soon push out betas to the iPhone. Just give it a few days to a week.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well chock up another issue. The alarm isn’t working now.

Read the O2 sensor ain’t working with betas. Go figure the watch has no known issue except the 3 times it restarted when I first got it on day 1. After the last update 7.0.1 and a clean install it’s been great!!

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep. It’s go to apple store or send it in. No response from email other than the Oct 13 event crap. Hopefully they send out an update Oct 13 too.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you contact the developer of the app in question?

They might have a defect causing the app to misbehave in specific conditions, and drain down the battery.

iOS doesn’t usually kill apps for fun. It kills them when conditions are met (e.g.: inactivity timeout, but that’s not the only one).

I’m not saying that iOS is in the clear. What I’m saying is that it is not the only factor to consider here :)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well chock up another issue. The alarm isn’t working now.

Read the O2 sensor ain’t working with betas. Go figure the watch has no known issue except the 3 times it restarted when I first got it on day 1. After the last update 7.0.1 and a clean install it’s been great!!

As I said, everything works in the betas, the O2 too. No exceptions.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you contact the developer of the app in question?

They might have a defect causing the app to misbehave in specific conditions, and drain down the battery.

iOS doesn’t usually kill apps for fun. It kills them when conditions are met (e.g.: inactivity timeout, but that’s not the only one).

I’m not saying that iOS is in the clear. What I’m saying is that it is not the only factor to consider here :)

Yes I contacted the app devs. Ah well they can call me if they can’t get my app fixed! The battery drain is random apps. It will be fb one minute, photos the next, then a totally different app next. Hard restart fixes it for a time. Apps force closing are random as well. One minute the one app with no notification sound or banner is all that’s an issue, then bam the whole phone gets stupid. Hopefully later today they release an update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2