I have noticed lately that sometimes when I tap on apps within my folders they don’t respond. it sometimes takes me two or three tries to get it to pull up. just wondered if you’ve noticed this or what could I do
    10-05-2020 12:37 AM
    I have noticed lately that sometimes when I tap on apps within my folders they don’t respond. it sometimes takes me two or three tries to get it to pull up. just wondered if you’ve noticed this or what could I do
    I haven’t noticed this with apps on the Home Screen or in folders.

It’s best to turn off your iPhone and turn it on again.
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-05-2020 05:14 AM
    Do those apps have a cloud icon next to the name like so?

If so, it’s because the app has been offloaded from your device and it needs to be downloaded.
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-05-2020 07:55 AM
    I haven't noticed this either. I would try restarting your iPhone to see if that helps. @Ed7789 also has a great suggestion!
    Ed7789 likes this.
    10-05-2020 09:13 AM
    I have tried restarting and resetting the phone but neither one of those helps. it doesn’t happen all the time it just happens randomly. I took a 30 second screenshot video but I guess you can’t post videos?
    10-05-2020 12:23 PM
    I have a problem where I can’t open my app folders. I have to press on them several times. Weirdly it’s usually in the evening but I had it happen this morning. I was pretty convinced it had something to do with using my lights off shortcut since that’s usually when it happens but I didn’t use it this AM.
    10-05-2020 03:37 PM
    I have tried restarting and resetting the phone but neither one of those helps. it doesn’t happen all the time it just happens randomly. I took a 30 second screenshot video but I guess you can’t post videos?
    You can upload a video to YouTube, then post the YouTube link.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    10-05-2020 04:39 PM
    Yes, this happens to me a sometimes. I felt it was because my fingers were cold.

10-05-2020 05:16 PM
    Hopefully you can see it in this video. that happens at the beginning and towards the end of the video.
    10-05-2020 05:35 PM
    I don't know if this has any relevance, but a few apps refused to open (sometimes just flash but still not open) when I installed 14.1. Then 14.2 came around which fixed the issue. Maybe an iOS glitch ?
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    10-05-2020 07:01 PM
    Hopefully you can see it in this video. that happens at the beginning and towards the end of the video.
    That’s really weird! I don’t have folders anymore, so I can’t speak to this. When did it start happening?
    10-05-2020 07:04 PM
    I don't know if this has any relevance, but a few apps refused to open (sometimes just flash but still not open) when I installed 14.1. Then 14.2 came around which fixed the issue. Maybe an iOS glitch ?
    sometimes they do Flash and they open eventually after like after two or three times. Sometimes other apps have no problem launching at all. i’m thinking it just might be an iOS glitch
    10-05-2020 07:54 PM
    That’s really weird! I don’t have folders anymore, so I can’t speak to this. When did it start happening?
    ever since iOS 14
    10-05-2020 07:55 PM
    ever since iOS 14
    That sucks!! I’m hoping the next update will fix this for you
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-05-2020 07:57 PM
    I agree that it's definitely peculiar. I hope the next update comes soon so that you can see if it fixes it or not. Hopefully, it does!
    10-06-2020 10:06 AM
    Have you tried turning Reduced Motion on in accessibility. I'm curious if the issue is in the motion feature.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    10-06-2020 10:30 AM
    Have you tried turning Reduced Motion on in accessibility. I'm curious if the issue is in the motion feature.
    i’ll let you know if that works, thanks
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    10-06-2020 10:54 AM
    It doesn’t seem to work. I also chatted with tech support through Apple and they suggested resetting just my settings without deleting any data and that didn’t seem to work either. Of course he said there is no glitch that we know of in iOS. Hopefully with me reporting to Apple that will help them address it better
    10-06-2020 12:16 PM
    It doesn’t seem to work. I also chatted with tech support through Apple and they suggested resetting just my settings without deleting any data and that didn’t seem to work either. Of course he said there is no glitch that we know of in iOS. Hopefully with me reporting to Apple that will help them address it better
    When I said 14.2 fixed it, it was a public bata (still on). Apple service or Genius Bar does not seem to want to talk about anything based on beta version :-)
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-06-2020 12:38 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what happens if you remove the widgets from your home screen? Does it still happen?
    10-06-2020 12:42 PM
    I’ve noticed long delays when creating a new text message and trying to pull the name from my contacts
    10-06-2020 01:29 PM
    So do you think 14.2 will fix the problem
    10-06-2020 05:53 PM
    So do you think 14.2 will fix the problem
    No way to know that. I would wait and see what happens. If it really bothers you, you might set up your iPhone as new, not from a back up. If it's a software issue on your iPhone, that would fix it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-06-2020 08:43 PM
    It depends on how long you tap the folder or app.
    10-06-2020 10:53 PM
    When widgets first appeared on iOS I noticed that tapping a widget seemed to cause a snarl up, and not allow full connection, so I don’t use them now.
    10-09-2020 10:35 AM