Has anyone noticed their apps not responding when initially tapping on them?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed lately that sometimes when I tap on apps within my folders they don’t respond. it sometimes takes me two or three tries to get it to pull up. just wondered if you’ve noticed this or what could I do

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: not responding

I have noticed lately that sometimes when I tap on apps within my folders they don’t respond. it sometimes takes me two or three tries to get it to pull up. just wondered if you’ve noticed this or what could I do

I haven’t noticed this with apps on the Home Screen or in folders.

It’s best to turn off your iPhone and turn it on again.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
not responding

Do those apps have a cloud icon next to the name like so?

f7d69a657ac066c940fab9a790f12c81.jpg

If so, it’s because the app has been offloaded from your device and it needs to be downloaded.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: not responding

I haven't noticed this either. I would try restarting your iPhone to see if that helps. @Ed7789 also has a great suggestion!

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have tried restarting and resetting the phone but neither one of those helps. it doesn’t happen all the time it just happens randomly. I took a 30 second screenshot video but I guess you can’t post videos?

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem where I can’t open my app folders. I have to press on them several times. Weirdly it’s usually in the evening but I had it happen this morning. I was pretty convinced it had something to do with using my lights off shortcut since that’s usually when it happens but I didn’t use it this AM.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have tried restarting and resetting the phone but neither one of those helps. it doesn’t happen all the time it just happens randomly. I took a 30 second screenshot video but I guess you can’t post videos?

You can upload a video to YouTube, then post the YouTube link.

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Yes, this happens to me a sometimes. I felt it was because my fingers were cold.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this has any relevance, but a few apps refused to open (sometimes just flash but still not open) when I installed 14.1. Then 14.2 came around which fixed the issue. Maybe an iOS glitch ?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this has any relevance, but a few apps refused to open (sometimes just flash but still not open) when I installed 14.1. Then 14.2 came around which fixed the issue. Maybe an iOS glitch ?

sometimes they do Flash and they open eventually after like after two or three times. Sometimes other apps have no problem launching at all. i’m thinking it just might be an iOS glitch

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I agree that it's definitely peculiar. I hope the next update comes soon so that you can see if it fixes it or not. Hopefully, it does!

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It doesn’t seem to work. I also chatted with tech support through Apple and they suggested resetting just my settings without deleting any data and that didn’t seem to work either. Of course he said there is no glitch that we know of in iOS. Hopefully with me reporting to Apple that will help them address it better

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
It doesn’t seem to work. I also chatted with tech support through Apple and they suggested resetting just my settings without deleting any data and that didn’t seem to work either. Of course he said there is no glitch that we know of in iOS. Hopefully with me reporting to Apple that will help them address it better

When I said 14.2 fixed it, it was a public bata (still on). Apple service or Genius Bar does not seem to want to talk about anything based on beta version :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro