Widget apps

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
i’m still trying to figure out my home screen after seeing all of the awesome looking home screens people are doing. I was just wondering what “widget apps” people are using. do you guys use the app library or hide your pages or what

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
i’m still trying to figure out my home screen after seeing all of the awesome looking home screens people are doing. I was just wondering what “widget apps” people are using. do you guys use the app library or hide your pages or what

I only use widgets in the screen when you pull the Home Screen to the left. I don’t know what it’s called.

I have apps for when I’m abroad and don’t use them very often.
I moved them to a separate Home Screen and hid that. Will only make it appear again when I’m abroad.

I’m not that much interested in widgets on my Home Screens.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t use a widget app, but I do use a few widgets....clock, battery, calendar and vpn. I have one screen for my primary apps. The rest goes to the App Library.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use a few widgets for calendar, music, battery and weather. The widget apps I use are color widget, weather widget, widgeridoo, & widgetsmith.
Some weather apps I have already allow widgets-Carrot weather and Hey Weather.

As of now I don’t hide any of my home screens.

As for my icons, I use the shortcut apps to create them and show.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don’t care for a lot of widgets on my home screens. I have one widget on my home screen, the small weather widget. I do have a news widget, battery widget, screen time widget along with theScore app widget on the search screen.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Haven’t placed any widgets on my Home Screen honestly don’t think I will. Still using the dedicated widgets page to the left of the Home Screen, it’s much more practical.

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Honestly, not sold on this iOS widget 'thingy'.
For now, only using the screen to the far left of the main screen. I have however, turned off all the other screens with apps...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys spend the $3.99 or whatever it is to upgrade to the pro version to get more widgets

It really depends on the app and if the paid version gives me what I'm looking for. Lately I've been just going with the free versions of most apps. I understand that in the years I've been involved with tech it's gone from a hobby to a business for some and I actually had to stop myself from buying so many apps especially when they went to the subscription thingy...LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, not sold on this iOS widget 'thingy'.
For now, only using the screen to the far left of the main screen. I have however, turned off all the other screens with apps...

I'm totally the opposite. I've missed customization since I left Blackberry and Android years ago. This Apple form of customization is something I've been waiting for what seems like forever and I luv the widgets and everything they bring to the Apple iOS. Honestly, it's about time.

Last edited:

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the weather widget app. it’s totally off. Do you have to have location location services ON. I am in Oklahoma City where it 64° but according to this it’s IMG_1585.JPG

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the weather widget app. it’s totally off. Do you have to have location location services ON. I am in Oklahoma City where it 64° but according to this it’s View attachment 129371

I would say yes to your question. All weather apps you have to have location on. You can toggle on and off to which apps you want to know your location in settings.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Pink. I missed the Celsius versus Fahrenheit. LOL

giphy.gif

no worries!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members