iOS 14 widgets make Android's look like an absolute embarrassment

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
LOL, much of a fanboy? What a one sided argument.
I’m not on Twitter, sorry, just a bunch of children. I am on Android Central though and most are laughing that finally Apple has widgets on their phones and fanboys like you are all giddy. Whatever gets you through the day.

I am a fanboy and I take offense.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
LOL, much of a fanboy? What a one sided argument.

Not really. Your arguments were rather poor and quite inaccurate to say the least.

No need to become emotional.

I’m not on Twitter, sorry, just a bunch of children.

It would seem everyone that doesn’t agree with you is a child or a fanboy, you must be very successful in life.

Incidentally, I completely agree with you, the editor of the verge is a child As for the android fans on Twitter and android central, why not? You can’t be wrong about everything.

I am on Android Central though and most are laughing that finally Apple has widgets on their phones

Of course you are, that much clear. Well it would seem that not everyone on android central are laughing or did you miss the article posted.

Are you sure you really use an iPhone? You keep asserting that widgets on iOS are new, perhaps compared to the dated widgets on android, but iPhone have had widgets for a while now.

and fanboys like you are all giddy. Whatever gets you through the day.

How so?
As I still do not use widgets on the home screens, perhaps you are confusing me with somebody else?

Although I do find it rather entertaining how some android fans seem to be reacting.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The widgets are nice but very clickbaity title.

It is a bit clickbaity, however I suspect the author of the title as well as the article are quite miffed that android widgets have gotten pretty stale as apple has surpassed android in that feature set.

One thing is for sure, it seems to have riled up some ardent android fans quite a bit.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had frequent issues with simple widgets ie 'ClockFace' second hand stopping although hour and minute hand show normally and correctly. It took an uninstall/ reinstall to at least temporarily correct this issue. I've had glitches with several, mostly 3rd party although the 'Reminders' widget also does not always accurately reflect changes in status of current reminders. I realize that there's a lot of 'trial & error involved in such significant changes and expect that iOS 14.2 may correct some issues and bugs. Am I alone on this??

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Sort of what my Dear late Barbadian Mum said about Television, Chewing Gum, and the Ball Point Pen....with 'some merit'....

Last edited:

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, just to add something new to this discussion almost one year later… I’m back to iPhone, I’m in love with my new gadget BUT… there’s still no way to compare iOS widgets with Android ones. There are simply no apps making use of this feature in iOS, and the ones who does do it in a very poor way, most of time. To use my old Note 10+ and all it’s widgets put in the right place to attend my needs after some days on my 12 Pro Max is a truly relief, I must say.

 (or developers, or both) have to address this as soon as possible. Right now, it’s iOS widgets which are a truly embarrassment, imho…

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2