Are you experiencing greater battery drain with iOS 14?

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, great. iPad had finally settled down on 14 after 4 days and was running mostly normally. Battery life wasn’t exactly stellar, but at least acceptable. So like an ***** I installed 14.0.1 earlier this evening, snd now it’s running like CRAP again. I guess I should just accept that this thing will be basically unusable for DAYS after these updates now.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It took several days, but iPad is behaving normally again, and battery life seems close to what it was before 14, if not the same. So now I’m in no hurry for the next update. :laughing:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It took well over a week for my gen 5 to settle down to 14 and several days after 14:0:1, speeds ok but not stellar now.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't think mine is experiencing a significant battery drain. The only thing that is using more battery is ME! I can't leave my phone alone. I keep adding widgets, removing widgets, tweaking my home screens. It's me, me and only me, that is the problem! :D

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think mine is experiencing a significant battery drain. The only thing that is using more battery is ME! I can't leave my phone alone. I keep adding widgets, removing widgets, tweaking my home screens. It's me, me and only me, that is the problem! :D

EXACTLY this...LOL

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is that the most recent update (14.0.1) actually fixed a huge battery drain I was having with Office 365. Our company switched to that app and when I added it to my phone and configured it with our company credentials - my battery drain was HUGE. If I unplugged it at 8am and barely used it, it was nearly dead by noon. The last update put my battery back to normal and now I am still at around 94% by noon with the same use. For a while I was thinking that Apple was back to deprecating older devices to force people to buy new (like they were caught doing around 3 years ago). I was so happy to see this update fix the drain issue!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh