Are you experiencing greater battery drain with iOS 14?

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
For how long? I haven’t seen battery drain like this on either my iPad Mini 4 or iPhone 8 after any of my previous updates. This is the third day now, and it’s really, really bad.

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
mine seemed to settle on friday morning, it still runs down a touch faster but not as bad as the first day....and I turned off background refresh on all but 8-9 things.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
mine seemed to settle on friday morning, it still runs down a touch faster but not as bad as the first day....and I turned off background refresh on all but 8-9 things.
I have background refresh off on everything. This update is pretty bad so far, maybe worse than 13. I’ve got games and apps lagging and stuttering now that never did before. I’m due for a new iPad anyway, so I shouldn’t be surprised, but the battery drain on my phone as well is a total first.

They’ve stuffed way too much crap in this OS now that I will never, ever use. I guess this is Apple’s way around throttling back performance on old devices.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have background refresh off on everything. This update is pretty bad so far, maybe worse than 13. I’ve got games and apps lagging and stuttering now that never did before. I’m due for a new iPad anyway, so I shouldn’t be surprised, but the battery drain on my phone as well is a total first.

They’ve stuffed way too much crap in this OS now that I will never, ever use. I guess this is Apple’s way around throttling back performance on old devices.

I'm sorry you're having such troubles. Have you contacted Apple Support? It may be worth while to do so!

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry you're having such troubles. Have you contacted Apple Support? It may be worth while to do so!
Seems to have finally settled down after 4 days. Battery life is still not quite as good as 13.whatever, but not as bad as it was right after the update. No more stuttering, either. This was the longest settling-in period that I can remember (except for 13.0, which never settled in until 13.1 dropped!).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on iOS 14 (I will probably update tonight) and my iPhone has been off the charger for 8 hours (9 to 5) and I'm at 73% as I type with plenty of usage. This is acceptable to me.

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
...sorry, I dont tend to include the 0 for single digit incremental upgrades..

terrible shorthand habit.

that IS the 14.0.1 update.

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
that bad habit came about as a result of renumbering some music albums' tracks so they'd play in the correct order in or out of a given playlist...I got tired of having to go '01, 02...' etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro