let’s see your widgets

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhh. I haven't seen an iPad screen on here! I'll have to post mine. :p

I started such a thread a month or so ago - not many posts though as phone art seems more popular and creative with iOS 14. I started the thread called 'iPad Screenshots' on the 13th of Jan, this year. It's in Apple Services Software section, showing a few posts only.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For purely selfish reasons, I don't know if I completely agree! I have benefitted from the screen naming because when I really like a widget on screenshots posted here, being able to see the name of the widget has been very helpful!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I understand yes, but if a choice was available I'd use it to inhibit them for cosmetic reasons. It actually took me awhile to notice it 'missing' on iPad - shhhhhh- but the appearance is less cluttered. Sort of like very prominent 'designer branding' on clothing. Is that still the 'in vogue' thing? I really don't know

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For purely selfish reasons, I don't know if I completely agree! I have benefitted from the screen naming because when I really like a widget on screenshots posted here, being able to see the name of the widget has been very helpful!

And that's what developers count on. People see, people do.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I understand yes, but if a choice was available I'd use it to inhibit them for cosmetic reasons. It actually took me awhile to notice it 'missing' on iPad - shhhhhh- but the appearance is less cluttered. Sort of like very prominent 'designer branding' on clothing. Is that still the 'in vogue' thing? I really don't know

This is an iOS restriction, similar to all app icons having their app name under them. The widget app developers have no control over the matter, and cannot choose to hide their name.
Here's what the Widgetsmith developer, David Smith, said on Twitter:

3605c775d25e7741f7136d2d433c3656.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2