let’s see your widgets

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like it would be kinda KOOL. Does it show the little controller in the circle?

Yes it does!
2c4c3b82733e80d73f15ca365a262e7c.jpg

thedimka

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
The Stocks widget in iOS 14 is broken, it displays only first 6 stocks, is there a solution to see all the stocks updates in a widget these days?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The Stocks widget in iOS 14 is broken, it displays only first 6 stocks, is there a solution to see all the stocks updates in a widget these days?

I'm not sure if its broken or designed this way. I would think a visit to the Apple App Store might be in order for possibly a more detailed Stock app.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Maybe, just maybe 'good news' re my clock debacle where most of the analogue clock widgets I've downloaded, some $, some free, have tended to either stutter or stop altogether. Since yesterday evening IMG_3366.jpg
I've had reasonable 'luck' in this with a Widgetopia small clock, which I'd used before with problems ( the same ones) but now in a new display version only recently available. As the original version I tried 2 versions - the new one not yet showing earlier. That version yesterday afternoon still quit on me after about an hour. The new ( different colour) seem much better as it 'keeps on ticking' since yesterday evening . The WWFUJI clocks seem reliable too but I find them unattractive. No point here in naming those which keep stopping as its the lions share of my clock widget downloads have done.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe, just maybe 'good news' re my clock debacle where most of the analogue clock widgets I've downloaded, some $, some free, have tended to either stutter or stop altogether. Since yesterday evening View attachment 130354
I've had reasonable 'luck' in this with a Widgetopia small clock, which I'd used before with problems ( the same ones) but now in a new display version only recently available. As the original version I tried 2 versions - the new one not yet showing earlier. That version yesterday afternoon still quit on me after about an hour. The new ( different colour) seem much better as it 'keeps on ticking' since yesterday evening . The WWFUJI clocks seem reliable too but I find them unattractive. No point here in naming those which keep stopping as its the lions share of my clock widget downloads have done.

Approx two iOS updates ago this stopped happening on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and hasn't happened on my 12 Pro Max at all. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the age of your device and it's ability to handle widgets. Maybe or maybe not, however I could tell the difference in overall performance when I went from my 11 to my 12. iOS14 is a more polished experience on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Entirely possible. But worst case alI have to do on the occasion when this version 'hangs' is a tap which beings up a 'set widget' prompt, tap that and it's ok....iOS updates and or App updates 'may' remedy going forward. The Widgetopia clock on my iPad Mini 4 is a lot better now too.
Shades of some of the old geezers in the cockpit when first using glass displays, which were often glass re-creations of the older mechanical instruments. They would often tap the screens when what they saw wasn't what they expected . Most critical mechanical instruments on older model aircraft actual had 'vibrators' ie mini-hammers which keep up a knocking effect to keep the displays accurate through.
In my years, DC9 & B727 were like that. Old piston engines provided enough vibration that instrument hammers weren't used.

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Approx two iOS updates ago this stopped happening on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and hasn't happened on my 12 Pro Max at all. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the age of your device and it's ability to handle widgets. Maybe or maybe not, however I could tell the difference in overall performance when I went from my 11 to my 12. iOS14 is a more polished experience on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

I think you got it!! - Processing power is at least part of the root. . Seems when other more 'complex' tasks are happening, more or less simultaneously like editing and attaching, I'm much more likely to show clock issues than when I'm simply reading, watching,or messaging. The 'paused clock' occurred twice as I was dealing with swapping out the iMore thread information of iPhone vs iPad Screenshots. So going forward I hope that iOS 14 gets a few internal tune-ups directed to 'classic' iPhones as did iOS7 on my 4s, in its inception days. It took several months for a priority seemed to be directed to the older, yet still compatible devices. I'm reasonably sure that gamers probably would see this as well, ( not myself) as any processor intensive games would cause much the same things to happen.
We can only hope

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think you got it!! - Processing power is at least part of the root. . Seems when other more 'complex' tasks are happening, more or less simultaneously like editing and attaching, I'm much more likely to show clock issues than when I'm simply reading, watching,or messaging. The 'paused clock' occurred twice as I was dealing with swapping out the iMore thread information of iPhone vs iPad Screenshots. So going forward I hope that iOS 14 gets a few internal tune-ups directed to 'classic' iPhones as did iOS7 on my 4s, in its inception days. It took several months for a priority seemed to be directed to the older, yet still compatible devices. I'm reasonably sure that gamers probably would see this as well, ( not myself) as any processor intensive games would cause much the same things to happen.
We can only hope

Apple has a way with getting the most out of processors, however as you have stated previously this is one of the best and most Apple has done for a iOS update in quite awhile. It just might be that time for a....*cough* new iPhone.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Maybe towards the fall. Prices being equal to now, but with 'covid uncertainty' we are playing submariners living 'below periscope depth'. Possibly a battery replacement though. Will see what spring & summer brings as not planning any travel will probably free up significant funds Remember it would ring in above $4000 here for sure, and likely with limited choice of color or storage. Downside of consumerism in Coconut country . So for the meantime - "One Ping Only" ⚓

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe towards the fall. Prices being equal to now, but with 'covid uncertainty' we are playing submariners living 'below periscope depth'. Possibly a battery replacement though. Will see what spring & summer brings as not planning any travel will probably free up significant funds Remember it would ring in above $4000 here for sure, and likely with limited choice of color or storage. Downside of consumerism in Coconut country . So for the meantime - "One Ping Only" ⚓

$4,000...WOW. It would literally be cheaper for you to fly (round trip) to the US and buy an unlocked iPhone.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
$4,000...WOW. It would literally be cheaper for you to fly (round trip) to the US and buy an unlocked iPhone.

Quick perspective - a year ago, when I replaced my iMac and 'browsed' the  Authorized Reseller -iPhone 11pro and iMac ran neck & neck for price.