let’s see your widgets

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
The biggest problem I'm having with this new feature at the moment is the fact that you still can't just move an entire home screen to a different position. Eg push my 2nd home screen to #3 and so forth.
So in order to try all kinds of widgets out and to figure out which config fits my needs best I will have to do TONS of manual icon-shiftings, and probably do the same backwards again if I don't like it. All while self-moving and floating icons drive me crazy.
This is INCREDIBLY cumbersome.
I wish they would have allowed that to be done on the overview screen where you can check mark on or off certain screens, so the contained icons will disappear in the app gallery. How difficult would that have been to implement, to allow for an entire screen to be dragged and dropped to a different position?

Like so many other things, this has been working in Android since years. Yeah, I know. We wanna be different than Android. Under all circumstances.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I only have to screens with the new widgets, however I do see a third widget screen coming in the near future. At this rate I will probably have to hide a few of my last icon pages...LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The biggest problem I'm having with this new feature at the moment is the fact that you still can't just move an entire home screen to a different position. Eg push my 2nd home screen to #3 and so forth.
So in order to try all kinds of widgets out and to figure out which config fits my needs best I will have to do TONS of manual icon-shiftings, and probably do the same backwards again if I don't like it. All while self-moving and floating icons drive me crazy.
This is INCREDIBLY cumbersome.
I wish they would have allowed that to be done on the overview screen where you can check mark on or off certain screens, so the contained icons will disappear in the app gallery. How difficult would that have been to implement, to allow for an entire screen to be dragged and dropped to a different position?

Like so many other things, this has been working in Android since years. Yeah, I know. We wanna be different than Android. Under all circumstances.

I would like to see this kind of feature as well. However, I think the new iOS 14 widgets features are still a work in progress with new and improved widget features coming in the months and updates ahead.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am starting to get the knack of this. I let Apple organize the App Library.
Finding an app is easier now than creating several folders.
I create my own widgets on one screen, and enabled several quick widgets on another screen.
I am a minimalist. So the only issue I see with the widgets, they seem a tad to large for me. It feels a little cluttered to me.

I may keep my home screen clean, and use the App Library.
For now this is what I am running, it’s still trial and error, and subject to change.
I do agree the bottom dock should be an option to turn off.
05f54f77a583b6716ee8729916e68467.png

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am starting to get the knack of this. I let Apple organize the App Library.
Finding an app is easier now than creating several folders.
I create my own widgets on one screen, and enabled several quick widgets on another screen.
My only issue with the widgets, they seem a tad to large for me.
I may keep my home screen clean, and use the App Library.
For now this is what I am running, but subject to change .
05f54f77a583b6716ee8729916e68467.png

I've been thinking about doing something similar to your set up also. I like the look and as you said the App Library gives you this option...and yes it's definitely "subject to change"...LOL

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking about doing something similar to your set up also. I like the look and as you said the App Library gives you this option...and yes it it definitely "subject to change"...LOL

I lost count how many times I have changed my screen.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I lost count how many times I have changed my screen.

LOL ...I know what you mean. This is the first time I can remember ever having a problem setting up my Apple homescreen(s). My first page which I have changed numerous times and it's still subject to change...

e726b981a0630160b8265ba8d970ab99.jpg

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
LOL ...I know what you mean. This is the first time I can remember ever having a problem setting up my Apple homescreen(s).

You were reading my mind. Now I am copying what Pr1nce did, to see what that looks like. But that to is also subject to change.

a1185f75b26879c64b73ef64b7bb8a81.png

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You were reading my mind. Now I am copying what Pr1nce did, to see what that looks like. But that to is also subject to change.

a1185f75b26879c64b73ef64b7bb8a81.png

I like that clean look. I'm also thinking about having three or more widget homescreens. One thing for sure we now have more customization than we've ever had before.

My second widget screen. Also subject to change

e630584fff5f915e4b7ba4dd0b7af4bc.jpg

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I like that clean look. I'm also thinking about having three or more widget homescreens. One thing for sure we now have more customization than we've ever had before.

My second widget screen. Also subject to change

e630584fff5f915e4b7ba4dd0b7af4bc.jpg

I recently discovered the quick widget screen which I like. The clean screen, and App Library is staying the same.
As for the widgets, well... I won’t say it.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I would like to see this kind of feature as well. However, I think the new iOS 14 widgets features are still a work in progress with new and improved widget features coming in the months and updates ahead.
I hope so...
...but am not overly optimistic:
one useful enhancement would have been free icon positioning.
Not too difficult to implement (imho), and would have made my/our iPhone lives easier and more fun in the last years. And would help now, with homescreen widgets having arrived.
But no.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR