let’s see your widgets

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Notification Badges have been on icons since the beginning, not sure how you two don't see the relevants, and not use them...LOL, I can't live without them

I didn't say "all". I have 72 apps with the badge on. Many of those never even show a badge notification. If it's important, I have it on. But I have 245 apps, and many of those that offer the badge, just are not important.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
769916fcecfe43c918042f2e60328dbf.png

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't say "all". I have 72 apps with the badge on. Many of those never even show a badge notification. If it's important, I have it on. But I have 245 apps, and many of those that offer the badge, just are not important.

What do you mean not important? Everything on my iPhone is important

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’ve always had mine on as well, BUT since I’ve been using custom icons and they don’t show the badge on the icon I’m starting to get used to not seeing them. But that doesn’t mean I’ll turn off the badge notification on my stock icons lol

I'm so use to it that when I don't see that little red circle it makes me think something is wrong

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
OK so the customization fever has hit me hard. I remember this feeling when I was customizing my Blackberry Bold 9930 with custom themes. Apple still has a long way to go for that level of CUSTOMIZATION.
c44611f39057fcd268c60877e964ec7a.jpg

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I do so myself every three months or so. I do my best to keep only the apps I use on a regular basis. Less clutter.

The App Library in itself has done most of my decluttering. I only kept my homescreen 'folders' for web-links, and I was ruthless in deleting those I rarely use, all with the goal of leaving only one homescreen page & the App Library plus the Today Screen for less often accessed widgets. I really haven't missed anything I deleted yet.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate deleting stuff...LOL. I think I'm going to just hide 3/4 pages maybe more and use the App Library more.

I don’t like deleting stuff either, but sometimes when I go to do some “house cleaning” I actually do just say f it and delete!

When the new update came out and the App Library became a thing I hated it...fast forward to now. I’ve actually removed ALOT of apps on one of my pages that has 3 rows of folders. I stuffed them in the App Library lol. Now if there’s something I need I just use the spotlight search it’s so much easier and I regret not taking advantage of it sooner!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I don’t like deleting stuff either, but sometimes when I go to do some “house cleaning” I actually do just say f it and delete!

When the new update came out and the App Library became a thing I hated it...fast forward to now. I’ve actually removed ALOT of apps on one of my pages that has 3 rows of folders. I stuffed them in the App Library lol. Now if there’s something I need I just use the spotlight search it’s so much easier and I regret not taking advantage of it sooner!

By being selective with my deleting & setting up safari-link folders, and by making full use of the App Library I now find my stuff much faster, and went from 4 home screen pages to just 1 ( plus the Today Screen & the App Library.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

By being selective with my deleting & setting up safari-link folders, and by making full use of the App Library I now find my stuff much faster, and went from 4 home screen pages to just 1 ( plus the Today Screen & the App Library.

I guess I just like scrolling thru my many pages...LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73