When does everyone think iOS 14 will be out?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Understood but it seems that they may have been correct in this regard! :D

How so?

They first announced it would be available at 1pm, when that proved incorrect, they announced a broader range of 2:30-4:00 on eastern. That didn’t happen either :D

It’s one thing to hazard a guess, but blindly guessing just doesn’t work. They even pulled the page with their first prediction instead of leaving it up. #weaksauce.

Regarding iOS 14 anyone notice how much snappier the os is?

It actually surprised me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How so?

They first announced it would be available at 1pm, when that proved incorrect, they announced a broader range of 2:30-4:00 on eastern. That didn’t happen either :D

It’s one thing to hazard a guess, but blindly guessing just doesn’t work. They even pulled the page with their first prediction instead of leaving it up. #weaksauce.

Regarding iOS 14 anyone notice how much snappier the os is?

It actually surprised me.

How important is it though that they made a wrong guess?
It didn’t harm anybody.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How important is it though that they made a wrong guess?
It didn’t harm anybody.

Only harm was to their reputation on being an accurate source of Apple News.

Personally, not particularly, but it was important enough for them to remove all traces of the page and replace it with another one, although they never claimed it was a guess, which is quite disingenuous.

And It was never a question of harm but accuracy, and accuracy is quite important when it comes to reporting, do you not agree?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Only harm was to their reputation on being an accurate source of Apple News.

Personally, not particularly, but it was important enough for them to remove all traces of the page and replace it with another one, although they never claimed it was a guess, which is quite disingenuous.

And It was never a question of harm but accuracy, and accuracy is quite important when it comes to reporting, do you not agree?

Meh. It’s only important when it’s about facts. And facts are stuff that already happened.
All the rest is guesstimates. I don’t really care about guesstimates because it’s dependent on too many factors.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Meh. It’s only important when it’s about facts. And facts are stuff that already happened.
All the rest is guesstimates. I don’t really care about guesstimates because it’s dependent on too many factors.

Meh indeed, however it’s either a fact or a guess, can’t have it both ways.

Presenting a guess as a fact then deleting the original article and reposting another is indeed disingenuous and seems to be par the course for macrumors, which in turn decreases their credibility.

As I said in my previously;

Wouldn’t trust macrumors,

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know if I should start a new thread. But this may be a bug in the music app after installing iOS 14.
Every now and then, I get this error message when opening a playlist. Has anyone else notice this?
c8c2cdddd6fa15f1c7dd629602b41a16.png

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have seen this appear when an item is not available in Canada. It’s not a bug.

I wasn’t getting these error messages before the update. The playlists have never been an issue until now. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again to see what happens.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don’t know if I should start a new thread. But this may be a bug in the music app after installing iOS 14.
Every now and then, I get this error message when opening a playlist. Has anyone else notice this?
c8c2cdddd6fa15f1c7dd629602b41a16.png

I’ve seen this once on my X a while ago. If my memory is right it was on one of the iOS 13 builds. I don’t recall what the pop up was for but it did it that one time and I’ve never seen it again. *knock wood*

Perhaps it was a fluke. I would try signing out and sign back in, unless it’s not an issue anymore.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I’ve seen this once on my X a while ago. If my memory is right it was on one of the iOS 13 builds. I don’t recall what the pop up was for but it did it that one time and I’ve never seen it again. *knock wood*

Perhaps it was a fluke. I would try signing out and sign back in, unless it’s not an issue anymore.

I’ve tried a few things thanks. The music app is a tad buggy. Sometimes when I open a playlist, and hit shuffle, nothing happens.
Or I get that message I posted earlier. I’ll sit tight, and see how it plays out with the next update, (no pun intended).
Or, I’ll kick and stomp my feet, and go back to Amazon Music.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I’ve tried a few things thanks. The music app is a tad buggy. Sometimes when I open a playlist, and hit shuffle, nothing happens.
Or I get that message I posted earlier. I’ll sit tight, and see how it plays out with the next update, (no pun intended).
Or, I’ll kick and stomp my feet, and go back to Amazon Music.

Ok hopefully next update will work that out for you.

As for Amazon Music...I mean you don’t have to stomp your feet. It really is just a tap away if you need a little help with that I’ll open the for you in that direction 🤣

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I like what you did with your set up

The ONLY twitch I have with the App Library page is they aren’t in alphabetical order....or at least I haven’t figured out how to move the folders around to do that. This really tweaks my melon...I need order as far as that goes so I’m hoping it will be doable in future updates if it’s not doable now.

While in the App Library, just swipe down on the screen and then you’ll see the app listed in alphabetical order.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
And if Tim Cook himself said the iOS version would be available at 12pm WHATEVER time, and it was an hour late, you all would STILL be complaining.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh