When does everyone think iOS 14 will be out?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It just arrived on my iPhone (4:05 PM EDT). I will have to wait until I get home tonight, which is just as well since the WiFi at home is much better.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
for the people that aren’t on public betas are you taking the plunge or are you gonna wait a few days to let the servers die down

Every year I say that I will wait for the .1 release before I upgrade; every year I do it the day of release anyway and live with any bugs.

I'll do it later tonight, and I'll probably update my watch tomorrow. The iPad will definitely wait until 14.1.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded iOS 14, it took roughly 1 hour. Went smooth, but I don’t see auto play on Apple Music.
Still poking around to see what’s different, nothing earth shattering yet.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Finally around 4:15ish I was able to OTA on my iPad mini and X. I’ll wait to do my 8 tomorrow, watch will get done tonight.

Overall, took about 30ish mins for each device. Still poking around, so far really like the widgets !

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I have iPadOS 14 installed and im a little disappointed the widget experience is a little different than the iphone 11. I was hoping to move them around the pages in and around the icons but it doesn't work that way on ipad. They show only on side bar when turned horizontal. But i know there are other features im looking forward to like scribble.
IMG_0089.JPG

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You would also think with this update. Apple Music would remember the last song played after closing the app.
I did set up some widgets but it seems a little messy to me. You have all your folders jumbled together with your widgets on one page.
And you have your App Library on another page. I may just leave things the way they were.
Or what I did do. Is keep the Home Screen clean, and I scroll over to the App Library page, and open what app I want since they have it organized for you, which is pretty good.
Like I said, I am still poking around and finding different things with the new OS.

b636922a9d4fca2a2aebad762c947455.png

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You would also think with this update. Apple Music would remember the last song played after closing the app.
I did set up some widgets but it seems a little messy to me. You have all your folders jumbled together with your widgets on one page.
And you have your App Library on another page. I may just leave things the way they were.
Or what I did do. Is keep the Home Screen clean, and I scroll over to the App Library page, and open what app I want since they have it organized for you, which is pretty good.
Like I said, I am still poking around and finding different things with the new OS.

b636922a9d4fca2a2aebad762c947455.png

Nice! I like what you did with your set up

The ONLY twitch I have with the App Library page is they aren’t in alphabetical order....or at least I haven’t figured out how to move the folders around to do that. This really tweaks my melon...I need order as far as that goes so I’m hoping it will be doable in future updates if it’s not doable now.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Nice! I like what you did with your set up

The ONLY twitch I have with the App Library page is they aren’t in alphabetical order....or at least I haven’t figured out how to move the folders around to do that. This really tweaks my melon...I need order as far as that goes so I’m hoping it will be doable in future updates if it’s not doable now.

Thanks! I agree, especially when I am OCD. My “twitch” is, widgets are not available for all the apps, maybe it will come with 14.1.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don’t know if you noticed. In the App Library, if you drag the screen down. It shows all your apps in alphabetical order.

I did not see that yet !! Thank you, but it still doesn’t solve the whole App Library all fubar’d lol.

We sound like a bunch of newbies with this right now 🤣🤣🤣LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal