iOS 14 Developer Beta 8 Now Available

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
someone I follow on youtube says crome is just a RE SKINED version of Safari and  only allows webkit for security reasons (same as firefox and others)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
That is partly true… while the rendering engine is WebKit, all the syncing and application features are fully related to your Google account.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
So, is anyone else seeing this behavior? Mail lists new messages, but when you open your email client, it then proceeds to download the messages.. sometimes, errors out, and then tries again, to be successful. Is this normal? Thanks

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I do see that behaviour, mostly with Microsoft Exchange Online accounts. This is not a new behaviour in iOS 14; it was also present on iOS 13.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So, is anyone else seeing this behavior? Mail lists new messages, but when you open your email client, it then proceeds to download the messages.. sometimes, errors out, and then tries again, to be successful. Is this normal? Thanks

It has been this way to an extent since iOS 13 debuted. In iOS 12 when I got a mail notification and opened the mail app, the mail would ALWAYS be waiting in the list already.

Since iOS 13 it has been like you describe. Mail doesn’t show immediately after opening the app and you have to wait for it to load into the inbox list. I dunno why they continue to neglect fixing it because it has been REALLY annoying. I cannot believe this issue is still there heading into iOS 14, wow.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So it seems unlikely that new iPhones will be released tomorrow. However, I'm wondering if the iOS 14 GM will be released! Definitely hoping so. Beta 8 on my iPad Pro is running smoothly enough!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox