iOS 14 Developer Beta 8 Now Available

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
We would think GM will be released right after the event next Tuesday.

Exactly, yeah. It's one of the reasons why i waited until now before installing the beta, TBH. I only have my daily driver with some critical apps on it and I wanted to wait for a lot of the bugs to be ironed out before installing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Exactly, yeah. It's one of the reasons why i waited until now before installing the beta, TBH. I only have my daily driver with some critical apps on it and I wanted to wait for a lot of the bugs to be ironed out before installing.

I’ve been running it since beta 1 on my daily driver and no issues have been major. Just little ones and most are worked out. There of course will still be room for improvement on future updates whether is 14.0.1 or 14.1.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
how is the battery. even though it might be the last beta I’m still debating on whether I should download it

Battery for the past few beats have been fine for me. Too early to say on this recent beta. It was a very small update so I wouldn’t expect much change in battery.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been running it since beta 1 on my daily driver and no issues have been major. Just little ones and most are worked out. There of course will still be room for improvement on future updates whether is 14.0.1 or 14.1.

^^^^This^^^^

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
As the latest build is 14.0 (18A5373a), the ‘a’ is usually the last build letter before the GM is issued, so I reckon the GM will be at the same time as the event on Tuesday.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
How do you change the default mail/browser apps? Is this still not implemented yet?

Sorry, finally got on the beta bandwagon for this beta build.

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The ability to change the default browser and mail apps should be available in the full release of ios14, but will rely on the respective app developers making it available to their app.
When it does become available you will have to go to the respective apps settings in the main iPhone settings list (not the Safari settings) where you will find the option to make it default.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The ability to change the default browser and mail apps should be available in the full release of ios14, but will rely on the respective app developers making it available to their app.
When it does become available you will have to go to the respective apps settings in the main iPhone settings list (not the Safari settings) where you will find the option to make it default.

And once the Gold Master of iOS 14 drops app developers will be able to submit their apps for review which is most likely this coming Tuesday after they keynote.