Apple Watch deal at Amazon: Grab the Series 6 at $80 off

You know what to do!
    taeisme likes this.
    09-03-2020 03:21 PM
    I’ve yet to experience any glitches with the latest beta build and it is running smoothly on my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
    09-05-2020 11:48 AM
    I’ve yet to experience any glitches with the latest beta build and it is running smoothly on my iPhone 11 Pro Max.
    I’m finally thinking about putting iOS 14
    Beta on my XR.
    09-05-2020 04:22 PM
    Beta on my XR.
    Go for it....
    09-05-2020 04:27 PM
    Beta on my XR.
    I agree that this beta appears to be pretty smooth. That said, I'm still experiencing an oddity with the Music app. Other than that, all good. I'm running on my daily driver with is an XR.
    Last edited by rdrum; 09-05-2020 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    09-05-2020 09:51 PM
    I agree that this beta appears to be pretty smooth. That said, I'm still experiencing an oddity with the Music app. Other than that, all good. I'm running on my daily driver with is an XR.
    What’s your issue with the music app?
    09-05-2020 10:17 PM
    Beta on my XR.
    This is where i'm at too. I've been holding off but i'm itching to install the public beta.
    09-06-2020 01:58 AM
    What’s your issue with the music app?
    It's the same issue I experienced in the last beta and reported to Apple. I've reported it again on this beta. It's only a minor annoyance, not a deal breaker.

When plugged into the car via USB cable and playing music there are no issues. When I skip tracks using the button on my steering wheel, Music will skip ahead accordingly, but very often stops playback. If I skip ahead by one or two songs, it doesn't happen. But if I skip several in a row, I'll have to press Play again. Additionally, it appears that if I skip (ahead or back) by several tracks quickly, it will stop playback.
    09-06-2020 08:53 AM
    This is where i'm at too. I've been holding off but i'm itching to install the public beta.
    Go for it...
    09-06-2020 09:19 AM
    Go for it...
    You know I think I just might, finally. I waited because I know the first few betas were buggy and as this is my only device at the moment, I needed to hold off because I need the phone fully functional. Now we're on the seventh iteration and moving much closer to GM, I feel like most of the show-stopping bugs have been ironed out.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-06-2020 12:10 PM
    You know I think I just might, finally. I waited because I know the first few betas were buggy and as this is my only device at the moment, I needed to hold off because I need the phone fully functional. Now we're on the seventh iteration and moving much closer to GM, I feel like most of the show-stopping bugs have been ironed out.
    Understood. With that being said, iOS 14, in general and in my opinion, has been the most stable beta is quite some time.
    09-06-2020 12:49 PM
    I really want to install this but I’m hesitant of two things.

I use Norton VIP Access to get my codes to log into work. I’d hate to lock myself out of work. I’m also not sure of the Bank of America app is working with this yet.
    09-06-2020 05:08 PM

I use Norton VIP Access to get my codes to log into work. I’d hate to lock myself out of work. I’m also not sure of the Bank of America app is working with this yet.
    I can't speak to Norton VIP Access (I don't use that for my work). But I do have the BofA app loaded. The ONLY issue with the BofA app is the same that I've experienced with a couple of other apps: it doesn't want to play with FaceID. I have to enter my passcode, which is no big deal. So unless you're adamant about using FaceID to unlock the BofA app, I think you'll be just fine.
    09-06-2020 06:02 PM

The B of A app works flawlessly on my iPhone and have been throughout all of the iOS 14 betas. I can’t speak for Norton, but I use Okta for work and I don’t have any problems with it.
    09-06-2020 06:11 PM
    I can't speak to Norton VIP Access (I don't use that for my work). But I do have the BofA app loaded. The ONLY issue with the BofA app is the same that I've experienced with a couple of other apps: it doesn't want to play with FaceID. I have to enter my passcode, which is no big deal. So unless you're adamant about using FaceID to unlock the BofA app, I think you'll be just fine.
    I use Face ID with B of A and numerous other apps without any problems and have been throughout all of the iOS 14 beta builds.
    09-06-2020 06:12 PM
    I use Face ID with B of A and numerous other apps without any problems and have been throughout all of the iOS 14 beta builds.
    You know what? I just realized I misspoke (typed?) in my last post. I have had FaceID issues with a couple of banking apps, but the Bank of America app IS working with FaceID and runs just fine in the iOS 14 beta. My apologies for confusing the issue.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-06-2020 06:24 PM
    You know what to do!
    Well... I know what I want to do, but apparently my phone has other ideas! Still on Beta 6 (18A535d if that matters. Tapping on update says I’m up to date (lies!) but since I’m still new to iOS as a whole I have no clue if there’s a way to force the update. The only thing I can think of that may interfere is I have AdGuard installed. But even with that disabled, phone plugged in and on wifi - still no joy. Any tips/advice?
    09-07-2020 03:57 PM
    You know what? I just realized I misspoke (typed?) in my last post. I have had FaceID issues with a couple of banking apps, but the Bank of America app IS working with FaceID and runs just fine in the iOS 14 beta. My apologies for confusing the issue.
    No worries, sir...
    09-07-2020 04:12 PM
    Well... I know what I want to do, but apparently my phone has other ideas! Still on Beta 6 (18A535d if that matters. Tapping on update says I’m up to date (lies!) but since I’m still new to iOS as a whole I have no clue if there’s a way to force the update. The only thing I can think of that may interfere is I have AdGuard installed. But even with that disabled, phone plugged in and on wifi - still no joy. Any tips/advice?
    Is the beta profile still installed?
    09-07-2020 04:14 PM
    Is the beta profile still installed?
    Okay so maybe a rookie mistake. Maybe a glitch. Or maybe I’m just used to Android...

I’m used to Android - if you’re on Beta the updates come OTA, if it hasn’t hit your phone tapping “Update” almost always pulls it in.

So on iOS you have to download the newest beta profile every time? I guess it makes sense as an extra layer of security and also force the user to actively download it. Not bad - just different.

Anyway I’ve got it downloading now. I didn’t know there was a profile to download
    09-07-2020 04:55 PM
    Okay so maybe a rookie mistake. Maybe a glitch. Or maybe I’m just used to Android...

I’m used to Android - if you’re on Beta the updates come OTA, if it hasn’t hit your phone tapping “Update” almost always pulls it in.

So on iOS you have to download the newest beta profile every time? I guess it makes sense as an extra layer of security and also force the user to actively download it. Not bad - just different.

Anyway I’ve got it downloading now. I didn’t know there was a profile to download
    Once you're on the beta profile then any new beta update will come OTA. But yes, in order to get on the beta track in the first place, you need to enroll your device.

Let us know what you think of the beta too!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-07-2020 05:01 PM
    Once you're on the beta profile then any new beta update will come OTA. But yes, in order to get on the beta track in the first place, you need to enroll your device.

Let us know what you think of the beta too!
    I really liked 6, and 7 seems like even more refinement from what I’ve read. I’m looking forward to booting it up
    Highrisedrifter and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-07-2020 05:06 PM
    I've had the issue with beta 6 and 7 that most 3rd party apps do not display notifications. I have reported it through the feedback app and it states that more than 10 have the same issue.

Other than that, seems to be pretty solid.
    09-08-2020 05:55 PM
    Noob question. If I install the Beta software will my device boot up as with a regular update or will I have to register every app I've installed? My bank app has a 2FA code generator built in, and if it's deactivated I'll have to physically go to a branch to get the activation code. And with the Covid thing I don't want to unnecessarily go to places I don't have to.
    09-09-2020 12:25 PM
    Bit the bullet and installed it... All my apps are fine.
    09-09-2020 02:42 PM