iOS 14 Public Beta 7 Now Available

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve yet to experience any glitches with the latest beta build and it is running smoothly on my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m finally thinking about putting iOS 14
Beta on my XR.

I agree that this beta appears to be pretty smooth. That said, I'm still experiencing an oddity with the Music app. Other than that, all good. I'm running on my daily driver with is an XR.

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree that this beta appears to be pretty smooth. That said, I'm still experiencing an oddity with the Music app. Other than that, all good. I'm running on my daily driver with is an XR.

What’s your issue with the music app?

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
What’s your issue with the music app?

It's the same issue I experienced in the last beta and reported to Apple. I've reported it again on this beta. It's only a minor annoyance, not a deal breaker.

When plugged into the car via USB cable and playing music there are no issues. When I skip tracks using the button on my steering wheel, Music will skip ahead accordingly, but very often stops playback. If I skip ahead by one or two songs, it doesn't happen. But if I skip several in a row, I'll have to press Play again. Additionally, it appears that if I skip (ahead or back) by several tracks quickly, it will stop playback.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Go for it...

You know I think I just might, finally. I waited because I know the first few betas were buggy and as this is my only device at the moment, I needed to hold off because I need the phone fully functional. Now we're on the seventh iteration and moving much closer to GM, I feel like most of the show-stopping bugs have been ironed out.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know I think I just might, finally. I waited because I know the first few betas were buggy and as this is my only device at the moment, I needed to hold off because I need the phone fully functional. Now we're on the seventh iteration and moving much closer to GM, I feel like most of the show-stopping bugs have been ironed out.

Understood. With that being said, iOS 14, in general and in my opinion, has been the most stable beta is quite some time.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I really want to install this but I’m hesitant of two things.

I use Norton VIP Access to get my codes to log into work. I’d hate to lock myself out of work. I’m also not sure of the Bank of America app is working with this yet.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I use Norton VIP Access to get my codes to log into work. I’d hate to lock myself out of work. I’m also not sure of the Bank of America app is working with this yet.

I can't speak to Norton VIP Access (I don't use that for my work). But I do have the BofA app loaded. The ONLY issue with the BofA app is the same that I've experienced with a couple of other apps: it doesn't want to play with FaceID. I have to enter my passcode, which is no big deal. So unless you're adamant about using FaceID to unlock the BofA app, I think you'll be just fine.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The B of A app works flawlessly on my iPhone and have been throughout all of the iOS 14 betas. I can’t speak for Norton, but I use Okta for work and I don’t have any problems with it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak to Norton VIP Access (I don't use that for my work). But I do have the BofA app loaded. The ONLY issue with the BofA app is the same that I've experienced with a couple of other apps: it doesn't want to play with FaceID. I have to enter my passcode, which is no big deal. So unless you're adamant about using FaceID to unlock the BofA app, I think you'll be just fine.

I use Face ID with B of A and numerous other apps without any problems and have been throughout all of the iOS 14 beta builds.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I use Face ID with B of A and numerous other apps without any problems and have been throughout all of the iOS 14 beta builds.

You know what? I just realized I misspoke (typed?) in my last post. I have had FaceID issues with a couple of banking apps, but the Bank of America app IS working with FaceID and runs just fine in the iOS 14 beta. My apologies for confusing the issue.

dancing-bass

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
You know what to do!

Well... I know what I want to do, but apparently my phone has other ideas! Still on Beta 6 (18A535d if that matters. Tapping on update says I’m up to date (lies!) but since I’m still new to iOS as a whole I have no clue if there’s a way to force the update. The only thing I can think of that may interfere is I have AdGuard installed. But even with that disabled, phone plugged in and on wifi - still no joy. Any tips/advice?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know what? I just realized I misspoke (typed?) in my last post. I have had FaceID issues with a couple of banking apps, but the Bank of America app IS working with FaceID and runs just fine in the iOS 14 beta. My apologies for confusing the issue.

No worries, sir...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well... I know what I want to do, but apparently my phone has other ideas! Still on Beta 6 (18A535d if that matters. Tapping on update says I’m up to date (lies!) but since I’m still new to iOS as a whole I have no clue if there’s a way to force the update. The only thing I can think of that may interfere is I have AdGuard installed. But even with that disabled, phone plugged in and on wifi - still no joy. Any tips/advice?

Is the beta profile still installed?

dancing-bass

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Is the beta profile still installed?

Okay so maybe a rookie mistake. Maybe a glitch. Or maybe I’m just used to Android...

I’m used to Android - if you’re on Beta the updates come OTA, if it hasn’t hit your phone tapping “Update” almost always pulls it in.

So on iOS you have to download the newest beta profile every time? I guess it makes sense as an extra layer of security and also force the user to actively download it. Not bad - just different.

Anyway I’ve got it downloading now. I didn’t know there was a profile to download

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2