iOS 14 Developer beta 6 now available

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So far I hate it!!!! Yes it’s smooth but it deleted my empty homescreen (page 1) & now I have to move everything. I’m pretty darn annoyed right now

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
The betas have progressively gotten worse since 3. The device is unstable and unreliable to use now. I'm shocked Apple is botching this again after last year's nightmare with iOS 13

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The betas have progressively gotten worse since 3. The device is unstable and unreliable to use now. I'm shocked Apple is botching this again after last year's nightmare with iOS 13

I’m wondering if it’s an app that’s not compatible with iOS 14 that’s causing the issue. Although this beta irritated my soul, I’m not having any issues with it at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’m with Nikki. The iOS 14 beta has been far too stable to be described in the manner you’re describing, in my opinion. Something else might be the issue.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Running very smoothly on my iPad!

Regarding the iPhone version, has anyone seen if games using Geolocation (e.g., pokemon go) are finally working at all? I have a feeling the fix is needed on the game dev side (*cough* Niantic), but unsure. Sadly, I don’t want to update my “daily driver” iPhone 11 Pro to the beta without knowing if my games work.

Honestly, first year since I want to say iOS 8 or 9 that I haven’t been running the beta on my primary iPhone since day 1

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The iOS betas have been mostly stable for me as well. Yes, there were those occasional bugs, but nothing show-stopping.

Right now, I have a weird charging and screen locking bug, but I'll wait until the next beta to see if it's fixed ;)

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I wish apple would allow the screen to be customized like Android is. Apple has too much control of our devices. I will admit ios 14 is definitely a leap towards better things.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I wish apple would allow the screen to be customized like Android is. Apple has too much control of our devices. I will admit ios 14 is definitely a leap towards better things.

Maybe in the future, but I never really understood the fascination by android users to customize.

It kind of feels that android is unfinished and the users needs to “customize” or finalize the experience. Those android users claim it’s fun but it just sounds like a chore and is time consuming.

Sort of like when you buy furniture from ikea and have to “customize” or assemble said furniture.
It’s great the ikea doesn’t exercise “control” by already delivering your furniture already assembled.

KC1988

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe in the future, but I never really understood the fascination by android users to customize.

It kind of feels that android is unfinished and the users needs to “customize” or finalize the experience. Those android users claim it’s fun but it just sounds like a chore and is time consuming.

Sort of like when you buy furniture from ikea and have to “customize” or assemble said furniture.
It’s great the ikea doesn’t exercise “control” by already delivering your furniture already assembled.

And I feel that's one of Android's best feature, to customize. My take would be customize each furniture piece into my own designed room and call it my own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2