iOS 14 Developer Beta 4 is out

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Since iOS 14 beta 3 my share sheet doesn’t show recently used contacts to share photos or files etc. only shows standard text email etc. no bubbles with text threads already started. Anyone else have this issue? Maybe there is a on and off toggle now?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Since iOS 14 beta 3 my share sheet doesn’t show recently used contacts to share photos or files etc. only shows standard text email etc. no bubbles with text threads already started. Anyone else have this issue? Maybe there is a on and off toggle now?

Had the same issue on beta 3 even toggling off and back on. I ended up on iOS 13.6 again before I installed beta 4 and so far they’re there for me.

kidkamel

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the camera? It just glitches when I open it from the camera app. Taking photos within a social media app works fine.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
There are plenty of other things unrelated to apps not working.
I understand it's a big update with a lot of changes. Release is supposed to be a little over a month away. I wonder if they'll be ready by then?

A month away? No. Betas started later this year due to iPhone being released later. The official release is typically a few days before iPhone launch. So id expect October.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
A month away? No. Betas started later this year due to iPhone being released later. The official release is typically a few days before iPhone launch. So id expect October.

Absolutely. Earliest, in my opinion, very last week of September. And that’s being generous.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having the issues where it takes up to and hour to update an app? Doesn't matter which app...and to get any to update, can only select one at a time.

On both iPhone 11 and 8Plus.

minimejer05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Having issues with getting phone calls. Noticed on Dev 3 but unsure if it surfaced earlier or not, but can confirm it still is giving me issues in Dev 4. Basically, any call I get goes straight to voicemail for the caller and for me, it flashes for a second on the screen and then goes to the Missed Calls page. Tried on data and WiFi.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you have “Silence Unknown Callers” turned on? If so, do you have the caller in your phone’s contacts (easiest way to get them through while keeping the feature enabled).

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Downloading iPadOS now!

Sadly, still waiting on confirmation that certain GPS-based games (*cough* Pokémon go *cough* lol) will work to some extent on iOS14 before I download on my daily driver 11Pro
They have not updated for iOS 14 and likely won't until September.
0dd1dc32d49dfbdc5988837744ebb643.jpg

minimejer05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you have “Silence Unknown Callers” turned on? If so, do you have the caller in your phone’s contacts (easiest way to get them through while keeping the feature enabled).

I do not. And the issue is happening with both Contacts and Unknown Callers. I tried calling myself on my wife’s phone and for her, it doesn’t even ring and skips straight to voicemail. For me, her call flashes on screen for a second and then goes straight to Missed Calls.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not. And the issue is happening with both Contacts and Unknown Callers. I tried calling myself on my wife’s phone and for her, it doesn’t even ring and skips straight to voicemail. For me, her call flashes on screen for a second and then goes straight to Missed Calls.

Don’t rule out contacting your wireless provider to troubleshoot from its end.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed horrible battery drain on Beta 4 on iPadOS. Specifically the News App draining the battery in the background at a rate of about 1% per minute.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro