Anyone having issues with the camera? It just glitches when I open it from the camera app. Taking photos within a social media app works fine.
    I'm not having any issues with the camera.
    08-08-2020 04:12 PM
    There are plenty of other things unrelated to apps not working.
    I understand it's a big update with a lot of changes. Release is supposed to be a little over a month away. I wonder if they'll be ready by then?
    A month away? No. Betas started later this year due to iPhone being released later. The official release is typically a few days before iPhone launch. So id expect October.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-08-2020 08:04 PM
    A month away? No. Betas started later this year due to iPhone being released later. The official release is typically a few days before iPhone launch. So id expect October.
    Absolutely. Earliest, in my opinion, very last week of September. And that’s being generous.
    08-08-2020 09:16 PM
    Anyone having the issues where it takes up to and hour to update an app? Doesn't matter which app...and to get any to update, can only select one at a time.

On both iPhone 11 and 8Plus.
    08-09-2020 12:07 PM
    Having issues with getting phone calls. Noticed on Dev 3 but unsure if it surfaced earlier or not, but can confirm it still is giving me issues in Dev 4. Basically, any call I get goes straight to voicemail for the caller and for me, it flashes for a second on the screen and then goes to the Missed Calls page. Tried on data and WiFi.
    08-09-2020 02:33 PM
    Do you have “Silence Unknown Callers” turned on? If so, do you have the caller in your phone’s contacts (easiest way to get them through while keeping the feature enabled).
    Just_Me_D, TgeekB and minimejer05 like this.
    08-09-2020 03:25 PM
    Downloading iPadOS now!

Sadly, still waiting on confirmation that certain GPS-based games (*cough* Pokémon go *cough* lol) will work to some extent on iOS14 before I download on my daily driver 11Pro
    They have not updated for iOS 14 and likely won't until September.
    08-09-2020 04:09 PM
    Other than my iPhone getting pretty warm and laggy for no reason, this beta has been pretty solid for my usage.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-09-2020 04:10 PM
    Other than my iPhone getting pretty warm and laggy for no reason, this beta has been pretty solid for my usage.
    It’s been pretty solid for me performance wise also. Just small glitches.
    08-09-2020 07:34 PM
    Do you have “Silence Unknown Callers” turned on? If so, do you have the caller in your phone’s contacts (easiest way to get them through while keeping the feature enabled).
    I do not. And the issue is happening with both Contacts and Unknown Callers. I tried calling myself on my wife’s phone and for her, it doesn’t even ring and skips straight to voicemail. For me, her call flashes on screen for a second and then goes straight to Missed Calls.
    08-09-2020 08:24 PM
    I do not. And the issue is happening with both Contacts and Unknown Callers. I tried calling myself on my wife’s phone and for her, it doesn’t even ring and skips straight to voicemail. For me, her call flashes on screen for a second and then goes straight to Missed Calls.
    Don’t rule out contacting your wireless provider to troubleshoot from its end.
    minimejer05 likes this.
    08-09-2020 08:28 PM
    I have noticed horrible battery drain on Beta 4 on iPadOS. Specifically the News App draining the battery in the background at a rate of about 1% per minute.
    08-10-2020 09:53 AM
    Don’t rule out contacting your wireless provider to troubleshoot from its end.
    They said it’s definitely on Apple’s end. As I am able to make calls without issue, which to them, says my data/SIM is active and without issue.
    08-10-2020 10:45 AM
    They said it’s definitely on Apple’s end. As I am able to make calls without issue, which to them, says my data/SIM is active and without issue.
    Much better off going to 13.6, in my opinion.
    08-10-2020 12:55 PM
    3D Touch has returned...
    Really!?!?!
    08-10-2020 08:16 PM
    Much better off going to 13.6, in my opinion.
    Yeah, that’s what I fear. Going to downgrade to Public Beta first and wait for a new release to see if that fixes things. If not, might be back to 13.6. Oddly enough it doesn’t bother me too much not getting calls, but on the occasion that I am waiting for one, it becomes a pain.
    08-11-2020 08:44 AM
    You all know what to do.
    I have a list of issues i have reported to Apple.
    Iphone 11

-Clock Widget Time Lag

-Text Keyboard momentarily disappears when sending a photo attachment

-Messaging Icon Badge Number getting stuck on 1 when all messages are read.

-Intermittent App Crashing Back To Home on multiple Apps.
    08-16-2020 11:34 AM
    Iphone 11

-Clock Widget Time Lag

Aside from the clock widget, the only issue I’ve run across with this particular beta is that on two different occasions, deleted iMessages somehow got synced back to my iPhone. Other than that, it’s been a good experience.
    08-16-2020 11:45 AM
    Iphone 11

-Clock Widget Time Lag

Apps crashing because they haven't updated for iOS 14 yet.
    08-16-2020 07:40 PM
    RAM management is awful with this release. Apps close immediately upon leaving. Everything. Even if you just close it and open it back up. Pages reload. YouTube reloads. I couldn’t even open the camera app while playing music. Hope it gets fixed in Beta 5.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    08-17-2020 12:19 PM
    RAM management is awful with this release. Apps close immediately upon leaving. Everything. Even if you just close it and open it back up. Pages reload. YouTube reloads. I couldn’t even open the camera app while playing music. Hope it gets fixed in Beta 5.
    After reading your post, I fired up the Music app, starting playing a song and then opened the camera and took a few photos without any problems. The Music continued playing without a problem.
    08-17-2020 12:28 PM
    The only bugs I’ve experienced on this build of iOS:
    - AirPods microphone not working
    - Camera crashing while playing audio (over AirPods)
    - Keyboard disappears on share sheets
    Last edited by Ed7789; 08-17-2020 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added the 3rd bug
    08-17-2020 12:32 PM
    I haven’t notice those issues at all.
    carrickfergus likes this.
    08-17-2020 12:34 PM
    I haven’t notice those issues at all.
    My overall stability has plummeted in the last couple of days. Glad to see it’s not wide spread.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-18-2020 04:55 AM
    You might try Reset All Settings. That might fix some issues.
    08-18-2020 02:52 PM
50 12