iOS 14 Public Beta 3 is out

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
On my iPhone XS I have no issues at all. On my iPhone 11 the only issue I’ve encountered is that the weather widget is missing. Is anyone else having the same issue? The app is there and functioning properly, but no widget?? Where it was before this update is just black and tapping it does nothing. 🤷🏻*♂️

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I do see the weather widget on the 11 Pro. Have you tried the “Add Widgets” pane, from the home screen’s jiggly mode?

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I do see the weather widget on the 11 Pro. Have you tried the “Add Widgets” pane, from the home screen’s jiggly mode?

Yeah ... it’s just not there. I also tried searching for it from the add widget search bar and it’s not there at all

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I’ve updated my iPad to iPadOS14 Developer beta, but I’m holding out on updating my iPhone XR to iOS14 Public beta, mainly because, as some have found out, a lot of app developers haven’t updated for the new firmware yet and I really can’t afford to lose a lot of my important apps.......so I’ll wait!

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Try deleting and reinstalling the iOS Weather app. That’s the only guess I might have that would help out.

Here’s the App Store entry for it: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/weather/id1069513131

I tried that as I was having weather widget issues too, no luck on my end. Any other ideas ?

Also of note, some of my shortcuts aren't working as normal from the last beta. Any ideas or anyone having any this issue ?

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas… It was an educated guess, that by reinstalling the app, it will simply register the widget.

For shortcuts, I'm not a user of those at all.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
My clock widget has incorrect time (yes, it’s set to the right time zone/city). It falls behind because it only seems to run when screen is on.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I removed mine until they fix it hopefully in the next beta. It’s useless right now.

I’m no expert in this but it doesn’t seem difficult to design a clock widget that.......tells the correct time. I’m not even sure why they would release them this way but I’m sure there’s a method to their madness.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their AirPod pros and this beta? I installed it on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and sometimes on calls they’re not working. The call says connected and I can’t hear anyone. If I restart the phone it kicks in for a little while.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their AirPod pros and this beta? I installed it on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and sometimes on calls they’re not working. The call says connected and I can’t hear anyone. If I restart the phone it kicks in for a little while.

You are not alone, I am having the same issue.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
hmmm, hopefully you guys can let us know asap if a new beta version (when it comes out of course) fixes the airpods issue. I don't use mine for calls, just music, but still I was thinking up updating my phone to the beta (iPad already on it) but sounds like it might be a bit early to put the phone on it as well.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Can you check if you have Sound Recognition enabled in Accessibility? Some folks are reporting turning this off resolves the issue (sounds unlikely, but worth a shot).

This is how I resolved the issue myself:

I had a system wide issue with AirPods and my iPhone, they would show as connected at the system level, but none of the apps could use them for playback/calls. I tried re-pairing/forgetting/restoring AirPods to defaults, then a full erase and restore from backup....nothing fixed it. I then did a full erase, didn't restore from backup and it worked fine, I've since manually re-installed everything and for me everything is still working. So it was something in my config, rather than the raw beta code.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2