iOS 14 Public Beta 3 is out

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
6e42af326978da37b3aec90f57c21fef.jpg

matboud

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Siri still goes full screen in the newest release. Toggled it in accessibility again to no avail. Not sure what gives.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure I'll get used to it (if it IS the final design decision), but I'm just so used to the spinner to enter the start and end times of a calendar entry. I get that it might be a little faster with the new method, but I'm not the biggest fan of the UI choice to bring up the number keys as if I am dialing a call. I hope the devs take the letters off of the number buttons.

image0.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I'll get used to it (if it IS the final design decision), but I'm just so used to the spinner to enter the start and end times of a calendar entry. I get that it might be a little faster with the new method, but I'm not the biggest fan of the UI choice to bring up the number keys as if I am dialing a call. I hope the devs take the letters off of the number buttons.

View attachment 129067

So, we can enter times other than in 5 minute intervals? Like 9:03 pm?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I had an issue pop up yesterday (and I can see quite a few forum posts on apple dev and twitter) with iOS 14 Beta 3 and Airpods. Basically I’m unable to select the Airpods as a playback device. Have tried removing and re-pairing, removing+factory defaults airpods+reboot phone+ re-pair airpods & also then removing+factory default airpods+reset network settings on iPhone (11 Pro) then re-pairing. Sadly hasn’t changed the outcome. Having same issue with my Airpods 2 and Airpods Pro.

The Airpods show in the selection list, when you tap them to select, the white circle changes briefly, then nothing happens (see pics).

This is a rather important issue, just hoping someone has a suggestion of something to try else I’ll try a iPhone factory default restore and then if that doesn’t work, go back to iOS 14 Dev Beta 2.

PS - A few more things, airpods appear to connect to phone ok (audible noise and show up as connected in settings/bluetooth & gestures work on airpods including play, just the audio comes out of my phone). FF45F776-99C9-4663-A592-41A635DF3067.jpeg

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Update 1 - not only AirPods, my Bose bluetooth headphones also having same issue. Can't get any Bluetooth headphones to playback, no matter if iOS tells me if they are connected or not.

Update 2 - Erase all content and settings has cleared the issue, now restoring from back-up to see if that helps.

Update 3 ❌ - Restored from backup and exactly the same issue, can't select AirPods as playback destination....hmmm.

Update 4 ✅ - Did a “reset all content and settings” then setup from scratch (no restore from backup) and all is now working fine, this has also fixed a bug where pull down to search on homescreen wouldn’t find all apps (for example shortcuts wouldn’t show).

Update 5 - Reading a few threads, it appears that some folks are seeing this problem occur when sound recognition is turned on, the fix is to simply turn off this feature (wish I'd found this last night to avoid the re-setup of my iPhone, but oh well that's beta life).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2