I’ve updated my iPad to iPadOS14 Developer beta, but I’m holding out on updating my iPhone XR to iOS14 Public beta, mainly because, as some have found out, a lot of app developers haven’t updated for the new firmware yet and I really can’t afford to lose a lot of my important apps.......so I’ll wait!
    07-26-2020 09:13 AM
    Try deleting and reinstalling the iOS Weather app. That’s the only guess I might have that would help out.

Here’s the App Store entry for it: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/weather/id1069513131
    I tried that as I was having weather widget issues too, no luck on my end. Any other ideas ?

Also of note, some of my shortcuts aren't working as normal from the last beta. Any ideas or anyone having any this issue ?
    Last edited by jstnwlkr; 07-26-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    07-26-2020 11:12 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas… It was an educated guess, that by reinstalling the app, it will simply register the widget.

For shortcuts, I'm not a user of those at all.
    07-26-2020 06:24 PM
    My clock widget has incorrect time (yes, it’s set to the right time zone/city). It falls behind because it only seems to run when screen is on.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    07-26-2020 07:03 PM
    My clock widget has incorrect time (yes, it’s set to the right time zone/city). It falls behind because it only seems to run when screen is on.
    Yeah I removed mine until they fix it hopefully in the next beta. It’s useless right now.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-26-2020 09:40 PM
    Yeah I removed mine until they fix it hopefully in the next beta. It’s useless right now.
    I’m no expert in this but it doesn’t seem difficult to design a clock widget that.......tells the correct time. I’m not even sure why they would release them this way but I’m sure there’s a method to their madness.
    carrickfergus likes this.
    07-26-2020 10:22 PM
    Did Y'all report this issue in their Feedback app?
    07-27-2020 09:46 AM
    Did Y'all report this issue in their Feedback app?
    Of course.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    07-27-2020 02:55 PM
    Anyone having issues with their AirPod pros and this beta? I installed it on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and sometimes on calls they’re not working. The call says connected and I can’t hear anyone. If I restart the phone it kicks in for a little while.
    07-28-2020 12:10 PM
    Anyone having issues with their AirPod pros and this beta? I installed it on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and sometimes on calls they’re not working. The call says connected and I can’t hear anyone. If I restart the phone it kicks in for a little while.
    You are not alone, I am having the same issue.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    07-28-2020 12:11 PM
    hmmm, hopefully you guys can let us know asap if a new beta version (when it comes out of course) fixes the airpods issue. I don't use mine for calls, just music, but still I was thinking up updating my phone to the beta (iPad already on it) but sounds like it might be a bit early to put the phone on it as well.
    07-28-2020 12:36 PM
    At least they have time to work on these issues.
    07-28-2020 02:05 PM
    Can you check if you have Sound Recognition enabled in Accessibility? Some folks are reporting turning this off resolves the issue (sounds unlikely, but worth a shot).

This is how I resolved the issue myself:

I had a system wide issue with AirPods and my iPhone, they would show as connected at the system level, but none of the apps could use them for playback/calls. I tried re-pairing/forgetting/restoring AirPods to defaults, then a full erase and restore from backup....nothing fixed it. I then did a full erase, didn't restore from backup and it worked fine, I've since manually re-installed everything and for me everything is still working. So it was something in my config, rather than the raw beta code.
    07-28-2020 08:42 PM
38 12