i’m kind of weird like this. I don’t use a lot of notifications because I’ve heard they run down your battery. I was just wondering how many people uses notifications on their iPhone? I just now I turned on my local news notification because I want to know if we have to mask mandates
    07-17-2020 11:08 AM
    I use Notifications on my iPhone and other devices, but I fine-tune them. If my VIP phones or texts me, I will get an audible identifiable notification plus a banner. If I get a text from a contact, I get a Ding. Otherwise, my phone does not disturb me.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-17-2020 11:16 AM
    I use Notifications on my iPhone and other devices, but I fine-tune them. .....
    Exactly this!

I only get notifications for things I want to get notified of. I disable notifications for games, streaming services, etc.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-17-2020 at 08:43 PM.
    wenrob, Mars20 and pr1nce like this.
    07-17-2020 12:20 PM
    I use notifications for most things. I do not use notifications for ongoing chats that include multiple people because it’s too disruptive especially when I’m at work. I have also set up specific ringtones for different people so that I know who a text is from when a text comes through.
    07-17-2020 12:23 PM
    Texts, phone and calendar. That’s it. Otherwise it would make me crazy.
    07-17-2020 02:09 PM
    My notifications are limited to things that I need to be notified of. Messages, mail, reminders and my sports app.
    07-17-2020 06:16 PM
    Mostly phone, texts, VIP mail, weather, deliveries. Very little else.
    07-17-2020 10:57 PM
    I use them for calls/texts, weather, certain news, calendar/reminders. Only calls/texts from favorites & weather ding...everything else is silent.
    07-17-2020 11:01 PM
    Calls, texts, email, calendar, slack, linkedin, FB Messenger (not Facebook though). For these my settings are always:

Lock Screen
    Notification Center
    Banners (persistent)
    Sound
    Badges
    Show previews while unlocked

I get a lot of notifications and I don’t find it impacting my battery terribly. My phone came off the charger at 7:00am and 1:35am now. So 18.5 hours and still at 56% battery life on my 11 Pro as I’m headed off to sleep.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-18-2020 12:35 AM
    Only email and texts other are distracting .
    07-18-2020 06:36 AM
    I use notification for things I want to be notified from, I have a lot of apps that only shows badges and notifications on lock screen for exampel but I don’t want to bee disturb by them.

You could say, if I think it’s important it will notify and things I don’t think is important don’t notify with sound or vibration.

I have never thought about battery life and notifications
    07-18-2020 10:16 AM
    I use a lot of Notifications but decide which are more suddle and which ones I can’t miss
    07-18-2020 11:03 AM
    i’m kind of weird like this. I don’t use a lot of notifications because I’ve heard they run down your battery. I was just wondering how many people uses notifications on their iPhone? I just now I turned on my local news notification because I want to know if we have to mask mandates
    Do you know just how many notifications you'd have to get to drain a mobile device battery?

I use all notifications.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-18-2020 11:43 AM
    Initially I enable notifications for all apps that I install.
    When I find them to be annoying I opt to deliver them quietly.
    Annie_M, Al Paca and nikkisharif like this.
    07-18-2020 12:03 PM
    I usually prefer “badge or lock screen notifications”. The only sound notifications that I use are for texts from family members, friends,coworkers and weather related notifications. I also have a sound notification set up for work emails.

I did not do this because I was trying to save on battery life. I did this because I find a lot of sound notifications annoying.
    Tartarus and nikkisharif like this.
    07-18-2020 12:19 PM
    I usually prefer “badge or lock screen notifications”. The only sound notifications that I use are for texts from family members, friends,coworkers and weather related notifications. I also have a sound notification set up for work emails.

I did not do this because I was trying to save on battery life. I did this because I find a lot of sound notifications annoying.
    My colleague, @Lee_Bo, already said something similar, but it’s a fable that disabling notifications save battery.

Even if it does, you may get 5 minutes longer battery life. 5 freaky whole minutes. Yippieee Kaaa Yayyyyy. /sarcasm
    Annie_M and nikkisharif like this.
    07-18-2020 12:56 PM
    I typically run all notifications (where it makes sense like Messages/IM or Alertable).

I will disable notifications if the app becomes heavily annoying.
    07-18-2020 01:04 PM
    The only notifications I use are:
    Email
    Phone\Text
    MFA\2FA
    Nest
    07-19-2020 09:09 AM
    I use all notifications with badges, banners, and lock screen but no audible sound and I've never had battery drain.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-19-2020 09:17 AM